Greetings & armrest question

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
TbirdIntender

Greetings & armrest question

Post by TbirdIntender »

Hello to everybody here! I just joined up because I'm looking to buy a 60's Bird of some kind. I look forward to benefiting from the collective wisdom of the members here, and hopefully at some point being able to contribute myself.

I'm shopping mostly in the '65-'69 range. I like those years and there's a decent pool of affordable examples on the market.

But here's a minor question that's bugging me. I have not seen a '67 with a center armrest, although they all have the console. The earlier years with the standard console always have them, and every '68 I've found with the console option has one. Was this just absent from the 67s? Or was it a rare option? Or have I just happened to see examples missing that part?

This doesn't seem like a huge deal, but I do enjoy having something over there to rest my elbow on, so it will probably affect my decision.
1966 Town Hardtop in sapphire blue
VTCI #13000
TbirdIntender

Re: Greetings & armrest question

Post by TbirdIntender »

I've been reading Thunderbird Fifty Years, by Mr. Alan Tast, who I see by a search sometimes posts here. It's a wonderful book, and I discovered he has a sentence on page 89 which clarifies my question about the armrest in the '67 model:
The floor console lacked the previous generation's elevated, padded armrest (this would be corrected for 1968)...
So that should clarify this point for anybody who might search up this thread in future.
1966 Town Hardtop in sapphire blue
VTCI #13000