1969 a/c refrigerant oil capacity

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
marro

1969 a/c refrigerant oil capacity

Post by marro »

HELP!!! i am trying to find out the amount of refrigerant oil for my dry system. The coupe has 10,809 miles ,had a rattling cmpressor , i evacuated and charged the r/12 system,it was cooling(!!!) and dropping temp nicely UNTIL the rattling compressor siezed (@54 degrees halfway thru second can of r/12) i have had the accumulator rebuit and installed a new(repacement compressor and flushed the system. NOW, i have NOT been able to find the amount of oil neede for the entire system, The 1969 Ford shop manual only tells me the amount of oil in the compressor! It is way to hot here in Florida to drive/enjoy this NOC (new old car) with out air conditioning!!! Thank you ALL, in advance, for ANY assistance
marro

Re: 1969 a/c refrigerant oil capacity

Post by marro »

In response to the a/c oil total quantity...….11 ounces, this would apply to all fords 1967 thru 1973. I was very lucky to find an expert on vintage air conditioning ,he informed me that even my 1969 Ford shop manual left a lot to be desired in the a/c information!!!