1967 coupe drivers door armrest and rear slip nut needed

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Engineermike

1967 coupe drivers door armrest and rear slip nut needed

Post by Engineermike »

Hey folks,
I need an armrest for the drivers side door on my 67 Thunderbird. Car is white and interior is red. I also need the slip nut that fits in the door at the back mount location on the arm. It is a special nut that fits only those coupe doors and only on that car! I found a set of the nuts but I just can't bring myself to buy them when they claim to be original equipment but the seller is in China!? I have a guy attempting to CAD draw the old armrest but there are some broken and missing parts mainly in the area of the back mount that we're unsure of. It's going to cost a couple hundred to have it drawn and who knows how much to have it printed because it requires a specific printer to do it per the folks at Local Motors who prints 3D cars and buses. Side note if you're ever in Knoxville TN that's a cool place to visit. Any help is appreciated. The car has been in the family since it was delivered to my grandfathers dealership in late 66 so I'm trying to just keep it as original as possible and get it back on the road. It's top notch mechanically. Runs and drives like a dream. 66K on the car. I have a receipt for each and every oil change and part that has ever been done on the car. I just want to get it finished up for my parents who are in their 70's, but still very active, so they can have some fun.
Anyone know an easy way to replace the power window motor? It doesn't do anything but click.
Dig the original repair manual back out I guess, I was also was with the car.
Thanks in advance
Mike
P.S. I have tried to reach the Thunderbird Ranch without success so no idea if they have any parts or not.