New member looking for info on 1971 Tbirds

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Dansbirds

Re: New member looking for info on 1971 Tbirds

Post by Dansbirds »

I don’t think they have faded at all. I have basically all the interior, console, trim seats etc and everything is a dark green, metal , plastic you name it. I do find it odd that these seats do not have the t bird emblem embossed in the tops like the others I’ve seen with the upgraded interior option. That would make me think they have been redone but I can’t imagine the time or cost involved to make custom seat covers and reinstall the stripe in the center of the velour or what ever that is and not use the bird. Another oddity is the rear seat center armrest and frt console armrest also match the seat centers. They don’t look like a hack job either so whatever and whenever it was done someone knew what they were doing.
Have had over 40 t birds here from 57-2004
Currently have a 65,70,and 80 Silver Anniversary
dlyle

Post by dlyle »

It looks like they just redid the hopsack material. They did a good job too.
Miguelfig1971

Post by Miguelfig1971 »

Hello iam needing help on my 1971 T-bird...is a 429 thunderjet I need to find the window relay and air conditioning relay as well as a fitment replacement for the carbulator..
Davec

Post by Davec »

anything on rockauto.com for the relays ?