OK Flair-Birders, time to show off!

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

TsNStangs

OK Flair-Birders, time to show off!

Post by TsNStangs »

Well, we started a thread like this over in the '61-'63 area that was so popular, I've had a couple of fellow '64-'66 owners that have requested I do the same here. Being a very proud '66 owner myself, how could I resist??? :mrgreen:
Here's the deal, as posted over yonder:

There seems to be so much pride of ownership on this forum (and since we have no "Gallery" area), I thought it would be nice to have a thread dedicated just to pictures of your cars.
This includes ALL your FlairBirds, whether partly restored, pristine, or still up on jacks in the garage; I know you love your cars with the rust-perforated fenders just as much as the ones taking home the trophies!
If there is any special equipment on your car, or you have something like aftermarket wheels and tires, feel free to add that info, too, but let's try to keep this as picture oriented as possible as our own little piece of visual candy to visit here... Not to mention the fact that being able to look at a huge conglomeration of other cars in one place is also a great way to get ideas about colours, styles and equipment for own rides.

So c'mon - and don't be shy about the condition, bring it on! :cool:

(*And for those who are having trouble figuring out how to post pics, just drop me a PM, and we'll tried to get you squared away so you can play, too! ;-) )
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

You asked for it :badgrin:
I have a lot more done since i took this, I almost ready to spin it around and jerk the engine.
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
Joe Johnston

Pictures

Post by Joe Johnston »

I like to see a garage or shop where work is done! Just wish I could find where I left my motivation in mine!! Keep up the good work.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Me 'n 60Fore

An event at the 2008 NW Regional, Junior riding shotgun

Engine bay (please ignore GM black inner fenders, will be fixed "someday"

boaterbob

Post by boaterbob »

Have this 66 about 27 years we use it quite a lot. I freshend it up about 6 years ago so i could drive it to MA for my sons wedding. We live in NJ so it was a nice criuse
boaterbob

Post by boaterbob »

Here is the wedding pic. My two sons in the front, The groom riding shot gun.
Bill C

Here is my '66 Q-code Town Hardtop

Post by Bill C »

So here are some pics of my 1966 Q-code town hardtop. I bought the Bird back in January of 2008. This T-bird was a mostly unmolested survivor when I bought her with only 50k original miles on the odo. The car was sold new in Eugene, OR @ Kendall Ford and has spent its entire life right here in Oregon. It has the original oregon plates that were issued with the vehicle when new. I have both the gate release and ROT sheet which I located under the bottom rear seat cushion.

Since I took her home I've had to do a fair bit of work. I had to redo the top end of the motor w/ rebuilt heads w/ hardened valve seats. I replaced the radiator and surge tank. I had a new battery apron welded in to replace the rusted out piece. I had the air cleaner powdercoated the correct blue. I have also redone the headliner, refurbished the sequential taillights, emergency flashers and map light. I have tackled some of the common vacuum issues and gotten all the electronics in working order. I am currently wrapping up a complete interior restoration that includes new carpets, NOS seat covers, repro door panels, and fresh door scuff plates. After that it will be car show season and I will be bringing the Bird to many of the shows including a drive down to Reno for Hot August Nights this year.
***Note*** Click any of the below pictures to view it in full size.

An artistic shot playing with focus & depth of field.... sorta abstract

Another Artistic Shot... playing with depth of field, focus and lighting.

At the shop

Eeek! Engine work being done!

Rust never sleeps! What I discovered when I removed the battery tray. A patch panel has since been welded in and painted

At a car show this past summer... It shows some of the engine compartment detailing I have been working on. Note the framed gate release - its a popular detail item at car shows.
1966 Q-Code Town Hardtop
tbirdjim

Post by tbirdjim »

1965 convertible 'Betsy'.
Tulilanka

Post by Tulilanka »

Pictures two summers ago. Nowadays my 'Bird has new (old) licence plates. before 1972 finnish licence plates were black with white text. So a '64 Bird has to have black plates ;-)

TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

OK, since my arm's getting twisted :mrgreen: , here's my baby:

Right after I got it. It now has the "Bird" floormats and a leather wrap on the steering wheel:

Another couple of shots right after I got it:

The epitome of the Palm Springs Cruiser (note the taller new tires):

Going skirtless:

~ Daniel
VTCI #11333
scumdog

Post by scumdog »

Hell-bells TsNStangs, your interior shots look exactly like mine - except you have a passenger side headrest.

I'll get the mrs to give me a hand to figure out how to post pics of out '66 Landau on this thread.
BTW: Nice 'birds you guys, very nice.
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic
scumdog

Re: Here is my '66 Q-code Town Hardtop

Post by scumdog »

Bill C wrote:So here are some pics of my 1966 Q-code town hardtop. I bought the Bird back in January of 2008. This T-bird was a mostly unmolested survivor when I bought her with only 50k original miles on the odo. The car was sold new in Eugene, OR @ Kendall Ford and has spent its entire life right here in Oregon. It has the original oregon plates that were issued with the vehicle when new. I have both the gate release and ROT sheet which I located under the bottom rear seat cushion.[

I bought my '66 in Oregon too, in Salem, still has the old style plates on it and I use 'em here in New Zealand, got the build-sheets too but no gate-release.

Would love to know its history but run into dead-ends when trying to find out anything.
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

Hell-bells TsNStangs, your interior shots look exactly like mine - except you have a passenger side headrest.

I'll get the mrs to give me a hand to figure out how to post pics of out '66 Landau on this thread.
Yeah? Obviously you've got very good taste! :mrgreen:

As for posting pics, check your PM - so we can check that 'Bird out!! ;-)

Very definitely some really nice cars, guys.
Bill C, I'm diggin' that two-tone Townie! :thumbup:
~ Daniel
VTCI #11333
bughunter

66 in progress

Post by bughunter »

OK my first try at pics, if this works I'll share more. This is my GFF two days after I brought her home. She will be a nice project for a long time. My 16 yr old son is helping (earning driving privliges). Image
scumdog

Pics of our '66 in New Zealand

Post by scumdog »

Here's my first go at posting on this site, it's my wife Christine & our '66, we were in an area near Roxburgh in the South Island, there is an old railway station known as Teviot nearby.
On checking I realise the pic needs to be a tad bigger, will give it a shot!
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic