Seat belt light

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Terry64HT

Re: Seat belt light

Post by Terry64HT »

Here's a couple of eBay items:
I've never been much of an Amazon fan so I don't have info on what they have, but all these guys sell on both so it shouldn't be hard to find. I've used one like the second on a couple of other things and it's worked well.
Here's the circuit I built quite a few years ago for my car. The resistance value gives you about 15 seconds, but for the cost and time, I'd buy one.
Hope this helps
Terry
64HT
Attachments
Board photo.jpg
Diagram 3.jpg
JamesR

Post by JamesR »

Wow, neat idea, Terry. Thanks for posting that.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I think some of my question has to do with what the OP was asking about.
I asked this in a previous thread and got no response, but it sounds like there's some knowledge on the subject in this thread:

I want to replace my original seat belts in my '65 because they're worn and stained, but nothing I've found on line is an exact replica of what I've got, and I've checked Larry's, Mac's & Wilsons. Not concerned about it matching exactly, but I want to make sure what ever I buy interfaces with the fasten seat beat light appropriately. Has anyone installed new seat belts that work with the existing seat belt light? How do they hook up to the light switch? How does the light switch work? I haven't taken it apart yet because I don't want to mess it up by doing it wrong. Shop manual doesn't seem to have any helpful info.
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Have you considered having the units restored using the original detractors and installing new webbing?
DISCLAIMER; I have never used this fellow, but have talked to him at Carlisle flea market in Penn. This fellow rebuilds seat belts for GM products but in conservation he said he would do Ford belts as long as he was given the hardware.
It's worth a check.
Contact Jesse Grooms @757 636 1032 cell
Or 757 365 4919 home. He is located in Carrollton VS.

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

R
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible