66 power windows

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

methos76

66 power windows

Post by methos76 »

I have a 66 t-bird and have been having trouble "to say the least" I had the motors replaced in the doors and everything was good until the drivers door window when I put it all the way up it stops working, I have to smack the side of the motor with a hammer for it to work again. if I don't put the window all the way up it will work without problem
RedBird64

Re: 66 power windows

Post by RedBird64 »

Is it actually going too high? Maybe the rubber limiting bumpers are toast?

Scott
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.
scumdog

Post by scumdog »

I had a similar problem for a bit but it seems any voltage drop has the windows stickingmainly if the window is up, however if the I have the motor running the problem doesn't occur, i.e. if motor is NOT running I may (or may not!) have the drivers or passengers side window sticking right at the top of their travel or even when right down.
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic
methos76

Post by methos76 »

thank you after checking it it looks like it is going to high and a little cocked. going to adjust the limiters and check again, I had wing windows assemblies and window motors replaced and after really checking they don't have anything really where it should be. should have done it myself. with my car it has to be running for the windows to work, I don't know whats screwed up that's the way it was when I bought it