Sold my 66

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

redbird1

Sold my 66

Post by redbird1 »

Sold my 66 today, and it's on it's way to Australia.
I will still be here on the forum if I can help anyone that might need some help with their bird.

Bob.
RedBird64

Re: Sold my 66

Post by RedBird64 »

Noooooo :sad:
Does this mean the coup is empty?
Glad to hear your sticking around at any rate.
Scott
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.
redbird1

Post by redbird1 »

RedBird64 wrote:Noooooo :sad:
Does this mean the coup is empty?
Glad to hear your sticking around at any rate.
Scott

The coup ins't empty Scott.
I bought my 2004 Corvette this past May, and didn't have room for the Tbird, my Pickup, and the Corvette.
I know the Tbird is going to a fantastic new home.

The guy that bought it has a super huge garage full of beautiful classic cars, and most of them are Tbirds.
He collects them.
He showed me pictures when he was here this morning.

All his cars are concource, just beautiful beyond words.
He told me he has been looking for a nice 66 for a while, and when he saw my ad,just had to come to California to see it in person.
It was a win, win for both of us.

Here's a picture of my 2004 Corvette.

This Vette is so fast it actually scares me.
I punched it to get on the freeway a while back, and it really did scare me a bit.
I haven't done that since.
Any way, I will visit this forum occasionally to see what's up.

Bob.
OZZY Stewie

Post by OZZY Stewie »

Hi readbird1,
Of course it's going to a good home...Aussie's love American cars. Just think, the 64 will see Kangaroo's, Koala's and the Great Barrier Reef and miles and miles of open road all over Australia. By the way, which state is she going to?
If I was to buy a modern car it would be your 2004 Corvette. Just love the looks. You are a lucky boy. My first OLD car was a 1928 Willys Whippet and it's top speed was 60 KLM's down a mine shaft.Then I spotted our 64 Thunderbird in an advertisement she does 100 K's + on the highway and no one up my bum!! I just love it.
There are hundreds of cars coming to OZ every year and plenty of clubs to belong to. Now that you have your money, why don't you pop over and check us out!! You will have a ball. Stay on the web sight because I have read and enjoyed all you posts. I bet it was a sad day when she left.

Regards, OZZY Stewie
64 Thunderbird and living the dream.
1964 Ford Thunderbird Landau
And I'm living the dream!!!
redbird1

Post by redbird1 »

OZZY Stewie wrote:Hi readbird1,
Of course it's going to a good home...Aussie's love American cars. Just think, the 64 will see Kangaroo's, Koala's and the Great Barrier Reef and miles and miles of open road all over Australia. By the way, which state is she going to?
If I was to buy a modern car it would be your 2004 Corvette. Just love the looks. You are a lucky boy. My first OLD car was a 1928 Willys Whippet and it's top speed was 60 KLM's down a mine shaft.Then I spotted our 64 Thunderbird in an advertisement she does 100 K's + on the highway and no one up my bum!! I just love it.
There are hundreds of cars coming to OZ every year and plenty of clubs to belong to. Now that you have your money, why don't you pop over and check us out!! You will have a ball. Stay on the web sight because I have read and enjoyed all you posts. I bet it was a sad day when she left.

Regards, OZZY Stewie
64 Thunderbird and living the dream.

It's new owner is in Adelade
Ozzy351

Post by Ozzy351 »

redbird1 wrote:It's new owner is in Adelade
That's 'Adelaide', redbird1 ;-) .

Can't wait to see her which will probably be sooner rather than later as its a pretty small city (compared with the Eastern states) and we have a monthly (summer months) car cruise for American only vehicles which usually attracts hundreds of cars and Hot Rods and a few Harleys. We have a pretty stringent state government inspection garage the car will have to go through before it can be registered so I hope they are not too tough on the new owner. If the car is pretty much stock standard, he shouldn't have too much trouble but they can get pretty anal about minor things sometimes. Hopefully he will bring it out and show it off.

Ozzy :smile:
"The sour memory of a dud purchase is remembered long after the sweet taste of a cheap deal has disappeared"
1961 T-bird H/T Silver-Gray Metallic/Raven Black roof.
1971 Ford Falcon 351 XYGT-Nugget Gold.
VTCI #11702
Adelaide, South Australia.
John R. Thomas

Post by John R. Thomas »

The first event with our local club was a cruise to a neighboring state. Of 8 vehicles, our 66 was the only
T-Bird. The other members chose to drive Corvettes or their modern iron. In May they said their T-Birds
were still in storage. What a first impression. Why are Corvettes allowed in the T-Bird Forum?
redbird1

Post by redbird1 »

John R. Thomas wrote:The first event with our local club was a cruise to a neighboring state. Of 8 vehicles, our 66 was the only
T-Bird. The other members chose to drive Corvettes or their modern iron. In May they said their T-Birds
were still in storage. What a first impression. Why are Corvettes allowed in the T-Bird Forum?

Because I wanted to show Scott what the reason was for selling my Tbird.

Bob.