Where does the rubber hose for the fuel tank attach?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Oathkeeper13

Where does the rubber hose for the fuel tank attach?

Post by Oathkeeper13 »

Hi I'm very new to the restoration scene, I have no idea what I'm doing.. I don't have anyone to help me. This 63 was given to me 13 years ago(I was 9) from my late grandfather. I'm trying my best to restore this 63. I need help really bad. I literally don't know where this rubber hose for the fuel tank attaches from the filter to the tank. Does it attach to the sending unit?

My manuals are not very descriptive as I needed them to be. I've been working on it for a year now and I'm so close to getting it to run. I know absolutely nothing about cars so I apologize in advance. :morning: ::? :n00b:
ICON 1956

Re: Where does the rubber hose for the fuel tank attach?

Post by ICON 1956 »

Can you send a picture?
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
vince

Post by vince »

In your profile, why not add your location. This is a pretty good sized group and help may be near by.
'66 Convertible, 428, in progress
Jim Wulf

Post by Jim Wulf »

Oathkeeper13 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:37 pm Hi I'm very new to the restoration scene, I have no idea what I'm doing.. I don't have anyone to help me. This 63 was given to me 13 years ago(I was 9) from my late grandfather. I'm trying my best to restore this 63. I need help really bad. I literally don't know where this rubber hose for the fuel tank attaches from the filter to the tank. Does it attach to the sending unit?

My manuals are not very descriptive as I needed them to be. I've been working on it for a year now and I'm so close to getting it to run. I know absolutely nothing about cars so I apologize in advance. :morning: ::? :n00b:
This will answer all of your questions:

http://www.tbirdgarage.com/Site_2/Techn ... ender.html

One extra IMPORTANT note. In the photos you will see me tapping the lock ring into place with a screwdriver. This was a new tank that never had any fuel in it, so not a problem in this case. If your tank has had fuel in it, at any time whatsoever, do NOT use a steel tool to lock the ring. Use a brass drift instead to preclude the possibility of producing a spark, potentially making the tank, with you sitting on top of it, go BOOM.

Look through the rest of the website while you're there. There's quite a bit of information you may find useful. I would suggest downloading anything you might want. The entire site will unfortunately be coming down sometime in the next few months. Circumstances beyond my control.
Jim W, VTCI 1961-1963 Technical Editor
62 SR Red/Black
63 CV Black/Red
67 MGB Roadster
38 MG TA Tickford Drophead Coupe
39 Lea-Francis Corsica Super Sports
Past Birds:
63 MSR Red/Pearl Beige
66 CV Red/Red
63 CV P. Green/Pearl Beige
61 HT White/Pearl Beige
Oathkeeper13

Post by Oathkeeper13 »

Jim Wulf wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:31 pm
Oathkeeper13 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:37 pm Hi I'm very new to the restoration scene, I have no idea what I'm doing.. I don't have anyone to help me. This 63 was given to me 13 years ago(I was 9) from my late grandfather. I'm trying my best to restore this 63. I need help really bad. I literally don't know where this rubber hose for the fuel tank attaches from the filter to the tank. Does it attach to the sending unit?

This will answer all of your questions:

http://www.tbirdgarage.com/Site_2/Techn ... ender.html

One extra IMPORTANT note. In the photos you will see me tapping the lock ring into place with a screwdriver. This was a new tank that never had any fuel in it, so not a problem in this case. If your tank has had fuel in it, at any time whatsoever, do NOT use a steel tool to lock the ring. Use a brass drift instead to preclude the possibility of producing a spark, potentially making the tank, with you sitting on top of it, go BOOM.

Look through the rest of the website while you're there. There's quite a bit of information you may find useful. I would suggest downloading anything you might want. The entire site will unfortunately be coming down sometime in the next few months. Circumstances beyond my control.

Thank you so much!
WNC Bird

Post by WNC Bird »

Jim,

What is happening to your website if you don't mind me asking? I'm on there often. It's an amazing resource.

Ken
1962 Corinthian white convertible
Past birds
1977 Town Landau
1978 t-top
Jim Wulf

Post by Jim Wulf »

WNC Bird wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:14 pm Jim,

What is happening to your website if you don't mind me asking? I'm on there often. It's an amazing resource.

Ken
Unfortunately the excellent program I used to construct the site, Apple's IWeb, has been discontinued and there is no provision to transfer the content to a different program. At this point I can't even access the site to change anything that's already there, no less upload anything, and there are mutiple issues with it at this point. The service provider has warned me that because of the vulnerabilities presented that are no longer fixable, they will be taking it down sometime within the next few months. I just don't have the time or the inclination to learn another program and totally reconstruct the content. Life moves on, technologically speaking. All the photos on the site continue to be downloadable as of today, although captions will have to be copied manually. I'll still be here on the Forum, and will continue in my capacity as tech adviser for 61-63, and will also still be available on the phone.
Jim W, VTCI 1961-1963 Technical Editor
62 SR Red/Black
63 CV Black/Red
67 MGB Roadster
38 MG TA Tickford Drophead Coupe
39 Lea-Francis Corsica Super Sports
Past Birds:
63 MSR Red/Pearl Beige
66 CV Red/Red
63 CV P. Green/Pearl Beige
61 HT White/Pearl Beige