Turn Signal Troubleshoot

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

michaelperazzo

Turn Signal Troubleshoot

Post by michaelperazzo »

Both turn signals decided to stop working awhile back. Fuse is good and I have voltage up to the flasher, and swapped out flasher still no flashing. Next step is to check the switch. I have a bunch of bullet connected wires hanging down under the column, pretty sure the switch connections are among them.

I read the schematic until my brain melted. Anyone familiar with the connections for the switch and the next step for troubleshooting this?

The brake lights and running lights all work.

Also, when I was trying to get at the flasher from below, lying down under the dash, looked very difficult to get to. I already had pulled the gas / temp pod off the get to it and had a disaster, see my other post. Couldn't really get to it that way easily either. But lying there I spotted an opening under the gauge pod, reached in and the flasher was right there! Didn't know that the opening was there and want to share in case others don't know about it. See Pic.

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_7023.jpg