63 Choke heater tube connection

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

surfmurf

63 Choke heater tube connection

Post by surfmurf »

Anyone know the THREAD SIZE of the male projection sticking out rearward and down at about 210 degrees relative, for the inlet on the Choke housing for the Hot Air inlet tube ? ? ? It looks like it might be a 1/4" Compression fitting, but that's a guess. I'm trying to reconnect this line, preferably with a 90 degree fitting. I have the Tube and Sleeve itself, but all the "kits" for this are for horizontal, pointing toward the passenger (left) side of the car for Autolite 4100 carbs. And I have nothing to read that thread with. Shade tree mechanic in Largo-Clearwater, FL Murf
bbogue

Re: 63 Choke heater tube connection

Post by bbogue »

Some time ago on the forum I made the acquaintance of a carburetor rebuilder whose username was gyoungwolf and also called himself The Carbmeister. From him I was able to obtain a straight fitting with female and male ends to extend the hot choke connection of my Autolite 4100 carburetor. You might try a search for him on this forum and send him a PM to see if he has what you need. I think The Carbmeister is also on eBay. The part I purchased looks like this one from Mike’s Carburetors, perhaps the same item. 7/16-24 threads according to Mike’s description.

Good luck.

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Brass-F ... _1305.html

Bill
Past owner 1961 Thunderbird - Heritage Burgundy Metallic

If there are no dogs in heaven, send me where they went. - Will Rogers