Master Cylinder for split circuit DRUM brake system

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

robbar1

Master Cylinder for split circuit DRUM brake system

Post by robbar1 »

Has anyone tried and have any feedback for ABSPowerBrake.com master cylinder for split system? It fits with existing power brake booster and under the brace. It is on page 100 of their online catalog or see pic below.

I dont want to do disc conversion (I have 14" KH wheels) and am fine with drum for the limited driving I do... but like the dual reservoir for safety. Any feedback appreciated.

All the Best,
Rob
62 Thunderbird Sport Roadster #1427 of 1427

Email marketing with GetResponse. Twitter, blog updates, video and more! http://www.getresponse.com/index/robbar1
stubbie

Re: Master Cylinder for split circuit DRUM brake system

Post by stubbie »

I see that the master cylinder is for front disk brakes. I don't think it is suitable for drum/drum applications. There is a difference in the way they work.
One of the parts vendors has a master cylinder but can't seem to find it at the moment.
tbird

Post by tbird »

The one that he has marked does not appear to be disc/drum. This question should be in the modified section it would likely get more input there.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
robbar1

Post by robbar1 »

Stubbie and Jim, thanks for the replies. They said the unit would work with disc/drum or drum/drum. I will post on the modified.... haven't explored that board before.

Thanks,
Rob
All the Best,
Rob
62 Thunderbird Sport Roadster #1427 of 1427

Email marketing with GetResponse. Twitter, blog updates, video and more! http://www.getresponse.com/index/robbar1
P47JUG

Post by P47JUG »

The pictured master cylinder looks like a single reservoir chamber unit.
Not a dual reservoir chamber unit. Get a true dual reservoir either for drum / drum or
disc/drum if you upgrade front brakes to disc.
Do a search here, on forum, lots of brake master cylinder etc. experiences recounted.
Charlie Slack
P47JUG