Removal & Replacement of Door Ornaments on a 63

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

comrade

Removal & Replacement of Door Ornaments on a 63

Post by comrade »

This is most likely a stupid question to most but I am still a relative neophyte and if I see a repair which may have a couple of different options I am going to ask rather than muck it up.

What is the proper way to remove door ornaments (3 ea.). I am getting ready to pull the inside door panel in order to replace the side view mirror. If these are retained from the inside I will purchase these ornaments now and refresh these at the same time but I would like to marshal everything required prior to starting this project.

What say yee?

Thank you in advance
Mheiron

Re: Removal & Replacement of Door Ornaments on a 63

Post by Mheiron »

They are not fastened from the inside. They can be pried off with those plastic trim removal tools. You don’t have to take the door apart to replace the door emblems.

Be careful, go slow.

Good luck.
Mark H.
Current bird nest:
1961 Restored Chestnut Convertible
1963 M-code Hard Top - Being restored
1995 White T-bird Super Coupe - Fun Toy
comrade

Post by comrade »

Problem solved, thank you. Best piece of advice is "Go Slow" I am getting better but my impatience can sometimes be my undoing.
omc4u

Post by omc4u »

If you haven't done them yet, I was lucky enough to have the door panels off and I was then able to give them a slight tap from behind which made it a thousand times easier. Mine were original with original paint and they felt like they were going to break every time I tried. If you get in a bind try taking the door panel off.