Rear dome light

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

ICON 1956

Rear dome light

Post by ICON 1956 »

Going through a few things that need attention I did noticed that the rear dome light wasn't working. I replaced the bulb but no go I looked up the wiring configuration there is a plug that is connected to the light assembly, I will unscrew the entire unit and inspect it to see if it was disconnected or clean the contacts, Any other suggestions I need to know before I open Pandora's Box ! Thanks!
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
novanutcase

Re: Rear dome light

Post by novanutcase »

ICON 1961 wrote:Going through a few things that need attention I did noticed that the rear dome light wasn't working. I replaced the bulb but no go I looked up the wiring configuration there is a plug that is connected to the light assembly, I will unscrew the entire unit and inspect it to see if it was disconnected or clean the contacts, Any other suggestions I need to know before I open Pandora's Box ! Thanks!
From what I remember it's only two wires. Power and ground. More than likely the ground is corroded and just needs to be cleaned.

John
Professional Pic Whore

ICON 1956

Re: Rear dome light

Post by ICON 1956 »

Thanks John, Car is coming home today I had to replace the lower ball joints. This will give me something to do today not a biggie .
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309