NEW TRUNK LINER

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Guzzy

NEW TRUNK LINER

Post by Guzzy »

New trunk liner to replace non-existant liner.
QUESTION: in the new kit from MACS, included are 2 piecess driver's side that can cover the jack. One long piece is soft fabric. The other piece is rigid board. None have the gromets installed (yet). Which to use on 62 for originality? Soft or rigid? MACS has no idea.
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Below is a photo of my original '62 trunk. As you can tell the piece hanging down is a rigid board:

Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
Guzzy

TRUNK THANK YOU

Post by Guzzy »

Is the bottom of your rigid section bent so as to fit??
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Is the bottom of your rigid section bent so as to fit??
Rather a cheeky question mate, I hardly know ya! :oops: :lol:

But seriously, the answer is no. I know some of the repro panels have scored sections near the bottom which need to be bent, but the original panel does not.
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
surfmurf

Re: NEW TRUNK LINER

Post by surfmurf »

Been shopping the market because I have misplaced the very Right Rear Trunk Liner panel, 1 of 2 pcs that vertically mount across the very rear sheet metal, on each side of the Trunk Latch. These are the ones that have the round hole at their ends to fit over the Taillight Bucket that protrudes into the trunk. I was hoping someone had a spare one lying around. Guess not.

Tonight I found a website, OCautocarpets.com, and others that sell 54" x 76" Burtex sheets in the 34B Ford Spatter pattern, which I understand is what was used in the '63 Thunderbird Coupe. And a lot less expensive that the T-Bird parts vendors. I'm gonna cut s replacement piece and back it with PVC sheet and 14 gallons of adhesive (well, maybe a bit less) for all 4 vertically mounted Liner parts.

I have also noticed on those websites that the vendors sell Trunk Mat sets, yet not one has the Spare Tire cover, which my set, bought 15-20 years did include. It was cut to cover the entire visible surface of the spare tire. It is made and sold, but separately for another $30.00.
" Times, they are a changin' "
GeoffInCarlsbad

Re: NEW TRUNK LINER

Post by GeoffInCarlsbad »

You may want to try Larry's T-Birds, out of Corona, CA. They custom make trunk liners for T-Birds. I think they charge about $150 for a set (excluding the tire cover). I just ordered a set for my 1961 convertible. about 2 weeks lead time.

~g
Geoff in Carlsbad CA
1961 T-Bird Convertible (in progress)
Love it! ::?