'66 Landau for sale

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
cacockrum

'66 Landau for sale

Post by cacockrum »

I’ve decided it’s time to sell my ’66 Thunderbird Landau coupe which I have had since 1980. It’s a Wimbledon white “California car” with a white vinyl top and black vinyl interior which includes the typical features including power windows and driver’s seat, AM radio with power antenna, power door locks and of course the tilt-away steering column. Shortly after I bought it I repainted it with acrylic lacquer after stripping it to bare metal and doing a minor amount of body work which included removing some rust in the rear portion of the rocker panels. Based on seeing the bare metal, I could see that the car had never been wrecked. I also had the vinyl top replaced. The interior is all original except for the door panels and more recently lower foam inserts in the front seats. It has been garaged since then so the paint and top are still very nice. Virtually everything that moves (except the differential) has been replaced or rebuilt including a complete 390 engine and C6 transmission overhaul, universal joints, front suspension, exhaust system, brake system including the front hoses, steering box, power steering pump and windshield wiper motor. Other replacements include weatherstrips, hood pads, heater core, radiator, radiator overflow tank, fuel pump and rear axle seals.

Everything except the distributor, high voltage coil and Pertronix ignition system is original and correct for this late-in-the-model-year car. The car had 103,000 miles on it when I bought it, and has accumulated another 20,000 miles since then. Since it’s a California car it came with the mandatory smog pump, which I unceremoniously relegated to a box in my garage.

In case you are interested, here’s a link to some photos. I think 16K is a fair price, but would consider a little less. In addition to the VTCI PM and e-mail options, I can be reached at cacockrum@aol.com.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/af1e1emmsst1 ... G44ea?dl=0

01-7826-Compressed.jpg
2erobrd

Re: '66 Landau for sale

Post by 2erobrd »

That looks really nice.

any issues that need to be addressed?

electrical, bushings or AC?

-Erick
cacockrum

Re: '66 Landau for sale

Post by cacockrum »

Eric,

The only thing that doesn't work is the ammeter. As I understand, this shunt-type meter shows only a slight deflection when it is working properly, so I never got too excited about it. If I did do something, I would have it converted to a volt meter. Everything else --- including the clock --- works as it should. If you are interested I can send you a copy of everything done to the car since I bought it in 1980. And by the way, it does not have AC, although it could be added.

Art