Holley 1848 Carburetor Upgraded to 4150

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
CSavaglio

Holley 1848 Carburetor Upgraded to 4150

Post by CSavaglio »

Price includes CONUS shipping. I would prefer not to ship overseas since the USPS has insane prices (it was $35 to ship an alternator from CO to TX!!), but I will if the buyer covers the actual shipping costs.

Holley 1848 465cfm vacuum secondary, hot air choke. This is the carb Holley markets towards smaller displacement Ford motors using the factory hot air choke. Can be converted to electric with Holley's kit. I upgraded the carb when I first got it to use a proper 4150 style metering block for the secondaries to replace the metering plate so that it can be jetted using standard Holley jets. I also upgraded it with Holley's quick change secondary spring setup, so you don't have to pull the choke apart to change it...just two screws up top. I will include the original zinc top plate if you want it to look stock. I just put on new blue reusable fuel bowl and primary metering block gaskets.

There's is absolutely nothing wrong with this carb. After some performance upgrades, I needed to go to a bigger carb. Ran perfect and has for the entire time I've had it (about 5 years and about 6k miles) on my '55 T-bird. This carb doesn't need to be rebuilt and can be bolted up and ran as is, but I can't guarantee you won't need to tune, but it should be fairly close. Since I had it tuned for my car at Colorado altitude, I reset the jets, power valve, and secondary spring back to original out of box spec (with secondary jets that are equivalent to the original metering plate).

Other than a few tanks about 5 years ago, this carb has never seen ethanol gas, only ethanol free and it shows from how clean it is internally.

New, the carb currently lists for $500, $60 for the metering block kit, and $20 for the quick change secondary kit, so this is a good deal for a very lightly used carb. $330 shipped in the US or best offer.

paul2748

Re: Holley 1848 Carburetor Upgraded to 4150

Post by paul2748 »

What is CONUS shipping?
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302
55Greg&Amy

Re: Holley 1848 Carburetor Upgraded to 4150

Post by 55Greg&Amy »

Continental United States
Greg Minnich