'64-'66 Solid State Convertible Top Relay Replacement

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
apines

'64-'66 Solid State Convertible Top Relay Replacement

Post by apines » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi, all,
Almost three years in and I finally have a small number of production convertible top controllers, as discussed in this thread:
http://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net/p ... hp?t=13749

I'm making them available at $475 each. This includes boards to replace both banks of relays, all mounting hardware, a remote control, and cables to connect the boards to the remote control. The remote cables can be tucked under the back seat. The remote itself should be disconnected when not in use to avoid accidental operation. The remote has a button for each relay function (lock, unlock, deck up, deck down, panel extend, panel retract, top up, top down). It also has an LED for each so you can see from the outside of the vehicle which relays the system is trying to activate which should be pretty useful for tracking down problems with limit switches and such. The boards are conformally coated with silicone to help ensure they stand up to the elements. Message me if you're interested.

Note that this will NOT work with model years other than 64-66. Earlier ones are a bit different. If there's enough interest I'll make a version that will support other model years.

1955 Ford Thunderbird
1966 Ford Thunderbird Q-code convertible with Highway Pilot

apines

Re: '64-'66 Solid State Convertible Top Relay Replacement

Post by apines » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:59 am

To clarify — this works for model years 1964, 1965, and 1966. I mistyped that in the original post. It’s been edited and is now correct.
1955 Ford Thunderbird
1966 Ford Thunderbird Q-code convertible with Highway Pilot

RAVEN

Re: '64-'66 Solid State Convertible Top Relay Replacement

Post by RAVEN » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:05 am

For anyone who attended the Nationals in Atlanta in 2017 or Tulsa in 2018, I had Generation I and Generation II on display for viewing.
I have had both versions in my car for test running and sales when not showing my car in SENIOR CONCOURSE.
There have been no issues or problems with these units, and are full drop-in/plug-in. NO cutting of wires, and are FULLY ELECTRONIC not relay replacement units. You do not have to cut off the plug ends and ruin the existing stock wiring in your car, making it possible to convert the car back to stock if you wish at a later date.

RAVEN
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible