Search help?

Contains help topics such as posting photos to the forum
franklin

Search help?

Post by franklin »

I belong to several forums and some work better than others. I must be doing something wrong. Example, I put in steering column or steering column rebuild and get pages of unrelated topics. The same with custom wheels.
I narrow the search down to 64-66 birds but leave everything else as set. Thanks for any tips! Frank'
1966 town hardtop 390 z code
60fore

Post by 60fore »

You must insert the word 'and' between the words you want to search. For example, to search for posts about steering column rebuilds you would type 'steering and column and rebuild' in the search field.

If you don't, your search will return all the posts with the word 'steering', plus all the posts with the word 'column' and all the posts with the word 'rebuild'. Needless to say, that will be a lot of posts!

In another post you asked about custom wheels for your '66. I suggest you search in the '64-66 Modified' section of the forum. You will soon discover that custom wheel choices for the 65-66 Birds are very limited due to the huge Kelsey- Hayes brake calipers fitted to these cars. Some use spacers to get around this problem.

Good luck and have fun with your new-found search skills; there's a ton of wisdom hidden in this forum!
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
franklin

Post by franklin »

Hidden would be the operative word. I found 5 posts. I know the selection is really narrow for wheels. I think I need to find someone that has done this and just talk to them. Thanks for your help!
1966 town hardtop 390 z code
Steverino

Re: Search help?

Post by Steverino »

I know this thread is old, but my problem is similar... Trying to search for "brake light switch" - you know, the electrical gizmo screwed into the master cylinder. The blankety-blank search tool ignores all of those words saying that they're too common. Doesn't matter if I put quotes around the string, & symbols between each word, or "and" between each word. Same result. I want it to search for that exact string, which I don't think will be overly common.

Anybody know how I can better communicate what I want to the search engine?

Thanks!
Steve
'62 Landau

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"...
VTCI #11678
redstangbob

Re: Search help?

Post by redstangbob »

perhaps a PM to YODA asking him which version of bhbPP we use, then go over their support pages. I know, lots to go through :sad:
https://www.phpbb.com/support/
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop