Any Suggestions On A Way to Determine Who the Original Owner was of My 57 T-Bird?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

TJSHEA

Any Suggestions On A Way to Determine Who the Original Owner was of My 57 T-Bird?

Post by TJSHEA »

Hello;

I know it is a long shot but has anyone had any luck tracing their car to the original owner. My 57 T-Bird was shipped to Beverly Hills Ford on Wiltshire Blvd in January 1957. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might find who the vehicle was sold to? I know about the late 1990s law passed by congress restricting the government from giving out info, so I figure that CA DMV is out. I thought maybe there might be another way.
David Tulowitzky

Re: Any Suggestions On A Way to Determine Who the Original Owner was of My 57 T-Bird?

Post by David Tulowitzky »

About the only way to find the original owner would be if it was printed on the factory invoice in the box that saya "TAG" If someone ordered the car their name would be printed in that box. If I have it in my registry of 55-57 Thunderbirds, I may be able to tell you past owners, but likely not the original owner. Good Luck
MarkR

Re: Any Suggestions On A Way to Determine Who the Original Owner was of My 57 T-Bird?

Post by MarkR »

I got extremely lucky on one of our birds, a 57. Bought it completely disassembled in 2005. With paperwork found in one of the parts boxes I was able to contact the lady that bought it new in Bellflower Ca. She and her husband still lived at the same address. We talked on the phone between Alaska and Ca. several times. She drove it to work in downtown L.A. for years. She had 3 tops stolen from it and finally sold it. I sent them pictures upon completion of the restoration.
Point being, it can be a great experience for both parties to find the original owner. Puts a personal history to the car.
I wish you luck with your search.
Mark, Las Vegas
TJSHEA

Post by TJSHEA »

Thanks for the info.
Mr Tulowitzky, before I saw your response here, it was suggested on another site that I email the info to you as you have about the best data sources around. I did sent you an email with the information i have. I had entered the car in the Thunderbird Registry you have RN 81397. I was just curious after i received the invoice showing it went to Beverly Hills Ford in Jan 1957 with just about every option available. The box with "TAG", has only that in it. Thanks again
TJSHEA

Post by TJSHEA »

Mark, thanks. I too am in as Las Vegas (actually Henderson). I bought the car from a private party here. I am trying to get back in touch with him to see if he may have some of the previous history.