Horn is always sounding.

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

BarretHC1

Horn is always sounding.

Post by BarretHC1 »

Hey guys, first time poster. What a wonderful resource! My car had the horn button under the dash. At some point the previous owner moved it there. I am just wrapping up re-wiring my baby bird and so in order to make things right, I took the switch under the dash out. However, when I go to reinstall my horn ring, the horn sounds. Without pushing on it, just re-insyalling the ring. I was thinking maybe I am missing a part... Any other ideas? Anybody have a blown up assembly diagram of the horn for a '56? Thank you all!

paul2748

Re: Horn is always sounding.

Post by paul2748 »

The electrical assembly manual should have a diagram of the horn wiring.

When installing the horn ring, it will usually blow the horn as you have to press down in the center of the ring providing the ground (same when removing the ring). After it is installed, it should not blow the horn. I assume you have the spring that goes under the center of the horn ring? That ring pushes the horn ring up so no ground is made which prevents the horn from blowing

You should disconnect the battery when installing or removing the horn ring
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302

ICON 1956

Re: Horn is always sounding.

Post by ICON 1956 »

1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1997 Heritage Springer with Motorvation matching side Car Red/Birch White
VTCI Member # 12309