Any experience of NPD carpet?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

seany-boy

Any experience of NPD carpet?

Post by seany-boy »

Looking to replace me carpet while redoing the seat and I notice NPD has a very good price on their carpet
https://www.npdlink.com/product/carpet- ... &year=1957

I noticed a couple of interior suppliers call out the made in USA of their carpet and so not sure about NPD. Their product are usually good I believe but wondering if anyone has experience? I have also talked to a couple of auto trimmers about making new carpet but it looks like a better option for price and originality to purchase ready-made, again feel free to let me know if you had carpets made.
Red 57 Thunderbird 312 3spd O/D
paul2748

Re: Any experience of NPD carpet?

Post by paul2748 »

I got a carpet from CASCO for my 56 - it fit nice and has held up very well for over 10 years.
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302
seany-boy

Post by seany-boy »

thanks Paul,

Yes, I think I will go for the preformed carpet- just works out expensive once we ship to Oz with the USD/AUD rate a bit ugly at present.
Florida_Phil

Post by Florida_Phil »

I went with Casco. Couldn't be happier.
CSavaglio

Post by CSavaglio »

The preformed carpet is the way to go. It has the proper edges and the vinyl heal section in the proper place and should have the jute backing included.

I used a set from Larry's 5 or 6 years ago and it was great. At the time, it was one of the least expensive sets, although right now, they show it being about $20 more than NPD (with jute). Larry's also lists a rear section if you want to carpet that section as well (wasn't originally carpeted back there from the factory).

When I searched around then, every single place I talked to got their carpet from Auto Custom Carpet, who is pretty much the only major auto carpet maker producing sets for vintage cars that I know of. Their quality and fit is very good in my experience on various cars and it comes down to who has the best price.

If you call NPD, their customer service has always been good with me and they will tell you where they get their stuff from. Even Rock Auto has carpet listed for our cars from ACC for about $130 (doesn't say if it has the jute like NPD).

I don't know their price, but you can order direct thru ACC as well.
seany-boy

Post by seany-boy »

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will get onto NPD ir ACC next week.
paul2748

Post by paul2748 »

If you order from ACC ddirect, you will pay top dollar. They do not discount their products like some of their vendors do.
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302
seany-boy

Post by seany-boy »

thanks, I ordered from NPD in the end. They do have great service and open almost 365 days including Memorial Day. Shipping is ugly but that is the price of living t the other end of the world!