56 red interior?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

goldwinghg

56 red interior?

Post by goldwinghg »

I have been looking from red interior Touchup paint. Can't remember what the factory name is for the 56. I don't need the dye. I just need to Touchup a couple of places. Could some one refresh my memory on the factory name for the red, and where I could buy the Touchup paint.
55Greg&Amy

Re: 56 red interior?

Post by 55Greg&Amy »

In 56 it was called Fiesta Red. Most Thunderbird suppliers have it but you would be best to bring the car to a paint supply place that can place a scanner on your car to match. If you can’t bring the car then remove the gas filler cover or glove box door and bring it in for matching. http://www.classictbird.com/mobile/Body ... 9001%2D6K/
Greg Minnich
Kendallville, IN
fordrodsteven

Post by fordrodsteven »

goldwinghg wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:53 pm I have been looking from red interior Touchup paint. Can't remember what the factory name is for the 56. I don't need the dye. I just need to Touchup a couple of places. Could some one refresh my memory on the factory name for the red, and where I could buy the Touchup paint.
If I read this correctly you are looking for interior paint. Hill's Thunderbird shows paints & dyes on pages 146 and 147 in the on-line parts catalog. I think you might find what you a looking for there. You can also call there and talk with one of techs for guidance / hints.
Steve - 1955 Thunderbird
paul2748

Post by paul2748 »

Be aware that the paint you buy ready made from any supplier may not match exactly because of different formulas and ingredients. The best way to get a match was mentioned above - take a sample from the car and have it matched at a paint store. Some body shops mix their own paint and do the same thing.
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302