Reviving a bird?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

tnswt12

Re: Reviving a bird?

Post by tnswt12 »

Oldmics wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 8:50 pm Unfortunatly the market for Birds is in a slow decline.

Theres a glut of them availiable due to folks in similar circumstances as yours.

I would estimate 15K tops.

Oldmics
Of interest this month (9/2019) at Hagerty.com is their pricing model. You must log in to see all the pretty graphs and such regarding their pricing models, but what I write about is the uptick in pricing for the 1957 Thunderbird, specifically the D, E & F versions between May 2019 and Sept 2019. The uptick is straight up for the most part. Unfortunately, the '55 and '56 Thunderbirds remain flatlined during this same period.

Car prices are an ever evolving phenomenon; however, this uptick is certainly interesting and could be nothing more than a hiccup in the data, but something to keep an eye on.

Hope this helps someone else down the road.
Joe Johnston

Re: Reviving a bird?

Post by Joe Johnston »

I noticed this too - In fact my agent for Hagerty called recently and said their data shows my 57 was underinsured and recommended increasing the coverage either now or at renewal next year. I hope values continue to rise and no such recommendation for my 63SR.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink