Replacing MC on a 66 with a dual bowl

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Rt.146

Re: Replacing MC on a 66 with a dual bowl

Post by Rt.146 »

Try Pat Wilson's, I just had a dual MC put in , cost of the unit about $75.00 +$10. for a value that goes with it. I believe this is what you are asking?
jtschug

Post by jtschug »

These short brake lines between the MC and the prop valve are a real pain. I spent all day and swore a lot, but it is in and it fits with the brace and room to spare.
Attachments
dual MC.jpg
1966 Thunderbird Convertible (Emberglo / White-Emberglo)
Modified 428 - stroked, rollercam, aluminum top end, headers
Livermore, CA
johnnytheg

Post by johnnytheg »

Wow, this is awesome. Is this a new product from Wilwood? Which one did you select to fit the Tbird?
jtschug

Post by jtschug »

It is the 1 1/8" bore "compact" dual master cylinder with adjustable proportioning valve kit. I gave the model number a couple pages back.

I've also got Wilwood discs in the back, for drum brakes you will need to add a residual pressure valve for the rears. Not sure if a 1" bore would be better for those.
1966 Thunderbird Convertible (Emberglo / White-Emberglo)
Modified 428 - stroked, rollercam, aluminum top end, headers
Livermore, CA
Rt.146

Post by Rt.146 »

I was able to get a neat fit in the single/dual conversion. Tight near the shock tower, avoid advice to alter shock tower. There are a couple of other fixes, that work as well, without damaging the tower.
Attachments
MC2.JPG
stubbie

Post by stubbie »

Hey Guys, just saw this on my Facebook page, This was sent to Willwood about a brake kit. See referral link below.
https://wilwood.com/About/BrakeKitRefer ... RcYSQM1GD0