Sylvania Zevo?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Wklink

arunice

Sylvania Zevo?

Post by arunice »

Anyone running the Sylvania Zevo Led bulbs in your taillights? How are they? If not, what else do you use and what is the results?
OldRusty1

Re: Sylvania Zevo?

Post by OldRusty1 »

I'm running United Pacific LED tail light bulbs with excellent results.
https://upcarparts.com/high-power-1157-led-bulb?222=547
Regards, Old Rusty1
'62 Chestnut Convertible, White Top/Chestnut Interior
VTCI #12660
Past T-Birds:
'65HT, '66TL, '63SR, '78DJE

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits". Albert Einstein
surfmurf

Post by surfmurf »

I use ZEVO bulbs in each vehicle I have, most especially my '63 T-Bird (except headlights, so far). They are a bit pricey, but great bulbs and I strongly recommend them in every outlet you can find the bulbs for, inside and outside your car. Give especially good STOP and Turn illumination front and rear. Very noticeable. Been using for several YEARS. Nothing better IMHO.
arunice

Post by arunice »

Great to hear. Thank you. I ended up putting some lazfit in the taillights. They are great. I will be deciding what to put in the front turn signals. May go zevo. In a cheap trial I slapped some no name led 1157 in the front signals but it wouldn't flash with the front and rear being LED. Went back to an incandescent so they'd flash.. Any suggestions?
stubbie

Post by stubbie »

Led bulbs don't draw much power so your flasher unit probably thinks that the bulb is dead. I think you need to get a different flasher unit with a resistor possibly.