Modernizations

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

JimCunn

Modernizations

Post by JimCunn »

What 'invisible' modernizations would you guys add?
I'm thinking about glove box light and light under rocker panels that floods ground and single beeps horn when door remote key fob is pressed.
Also, possibly gps tracker with wifi connection (I'm dreaming here, but find I'm more theft conscious than I was in 1965).
I don't want visible appurtenances or switches.
Suggestions welcome.
Joe Johnston

Re: Modernizations

Post by Joe Johnston »

Bottom line its your car, your money, your choices. That said, I have added disk brakes, electric wipers, mechanical brake light switch, anti-sway bars, electric fuel pump, and an ignition disabling switch. Nothing shows until you get under the car, and everything can be removed should the next owner want it all stock. Stereo systems and AC are also well worth adding but will be seen, so probably not for you. Lighting (especially the halo rings in the headlights) look very out of place to me, and may attract the undesired attention of local law enforcement. Its all up to you.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
JimCunn

Post by JimCunn »

"Its all up to you".
First you have to acquire the thought. That's where suggestions from others come in.
Already bought a USA-740 radio. It's several days late arriving due to the storm. Am presently figuring out how to adapt it to accept 55-56 control knobs.
JimCunn

Post by JimCunn »

Well, the USA-740 accepts the 55-56 control knobs and fits the Panel cutout.

Now, I'm thinking about the power windows. Has anyone molded theirs to operate like modern power windows?