engine compartment

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

ranchbird

engine compartment

Post by ranchbird »

Been cleaning up the engine compartment and adding a few goody's, Mummert intake and valley pan, Mallory unilite tach drive distributor, alternator, aluminum radiator, and Sanderson headers.
Attachments
P1030432.JPG
P1030431.JPG

thessler

Re: engine compartment

Post by thessler »

Very nice, I like it.

ranchbird

Post by ranchbird »

Thank you sir, I'm sure I've offended some people using a different air cleaner and not painting the motor red. But that's ok everything I have removed or modified I kept and can be put back if so desired.

ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

I like it too, It's your car make it the way you like . It's smart to keep the OEM stuff you can always put it back.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1997 Heritage Springer with Motorvation matching side Car Red/Birch White
VTCI Member # 12309

CSPIDY

Post by CSPIDY »

Very nice indeed. Clean and simple
57 D code Colonial White
1928 Model A Tudor
2k MR2 Spyder
61 Willys Pickup (project)

Wise man once told me, "you don't know what you don't know"

West Newton, PA

Jim G

Post by Jim G »

Nice—. Where did you get the headers and would they fit on a ‘56 Bird with power steering and power brakes—( left side stuff) Jim G

ranchbird

Post by ranchbird »

I bought the headers through summit racing, I have had these for a couple of years and just got around to putting them on. I checked there web site and they have gone up in price since I bought mine. They are very good quality with thick flanges and bolt on easy.They fit 55-57 t-birds with any option, automatic or stick. The drivers side actually wraps around the steering column and the bolt on collector angles down through the equalizer bar for the clutch on mine, it would be simpler with an automatic. Also had to tweek the dip stick tube a little bit to go between the two center pipes on the passenger side.