Low back bucket seats in my '56

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

TEABYRD

Low back bucket seats in my '56

Post by TEABYRD » Sun May 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Greetings fellow 'Birds of a feather,
Has anyone had any experience installing bucket seats in their 'Bird? I am looking for any information to accomplish this feat, as the bench just does not cut it. Hopefully getting the right seat mounted as far back as possible will enable me getting my big keister in and out of Tweety. Thanks in advance for any input.

Moderator note: I moved your post to the Modified section - hope you will get more input from this group. J

Joe Johnston

Re: Low back bucket seats in my '56

Post by Joe Johnston » Sun May 19, 2019 2:25 pm

I had a 56 many years ago that had 60's low backed Mustang bucket seats in it along with the 289 and auto trans. Within a year I changed it all back to stock. Buckets look OK to me as long as they don't extend up beyond the rear deck.
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. J F K

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink

mojerry

Re: Low back bucket seats in my '56

Post by mojerry » Fri May 24, 2019 6:36 pm

I found and purchased, a really nice 66 Mustang bench seat, for my 56.
It has the same backs, as the buckets, but has a full bench bottom cushion with a folding armrest.
I have not installed it yet, but it measures @ 2 inches narrower than the Bird seat.
It gives the look of buckets, with the option of a bench seat when needed.
Not an easy seat to find, but not impossible.