Wiring junction blocks

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

markracer007

Wiring junction blocks

Post by markracer007 »

Just bought a 1955 TBird and getting ready to replace old wiring. Is there any reason why I could not eliminate the black junction blocks under the dash and hood? I will be adding a fuse block to the car rather than have inline fuses?
Joe Johnston

Re: Wiring junction blocks

Post by Joe Johnston »

Welcome to the 55-57 sections of the VTCI forum. Its always good to have another Little Bird member. Many here have been through restorations and modifications so feel free to ask questions. Check out the "How To" section of the forum for picture posting information. Really not difficult, but you will need a separate (free) online photo hosting site as the Forum does not host pictures directly.

You can eliminate the junction blocks and rewire as you like.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
mmbuffny

Post by mmbuffny »

Where is the "how to" section of this forum. I was looking around for it and could not find it.
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

Its the second to last division in the "General Discussion" section.

http://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net/p ... m.php?f=31 should take you to it if you can't scroll down and find it from the "Forums" page.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
paul2748

Post by paul2748 »

Since you are using an aftermarket wiring harness, there is no reason you have to use the junction blocks. However, they will make it easier to wire up the head and parking lights. I would suggest keeping them.

You may find that the "bullets" that you buy today do not fit the holes in the blocks as Ford used a special size "bullet". These special bullets are available from the TBird parts suppliers - at least I know CASCO has them.
markracer007 wrote:Just bought a 1955 TBird and getting ready to replace old wiring. Is there any reason why I could not eliminate the black junction blocks under the dash and hood? I will be adding a fuse block to the car rather than have inline fuses?
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302