Additional Coshocton Pics... I hope

List Thunderbird ONLY related events in your area
Brian Harris

Additional Coshocton Pics... I hope

Post by Brian Harris »

I'll start with some baby birds, and add a comment or two if I know anything worthwhile.

This is Greg Minnich's bird, one of the younger members and an intense enthusiast. He won BOS Driven among the baby-birds.

Some additional friends I first met at the 2008 NE Regional, Doug and Karen's baby.

One of these pair belongs to Mr/Mrs Runner, who had to overcome a leaking lower rad hose (his persistance and assistance from other attendees... Greg Minnich and Frank from BC to name a few) in order to make a 200 mile trip back home.

This baby was extremely nice, though I dont recall if this was the E-code that won BOS-trailered.

I think this was the high point trailered non-baby entry... AWESOME

Here's some more Square Birds...

A very nicely detailed and tastefully creative SB that I first saw last year in Dublin OH.

My fellow Michigander's in-da-house, the Elzinga's...

Here's a few of the Bullet Birds competing...

This is Roger Noll's 63, who was very courageous and "volunteered" his car for the Judging Training/Seminar on Thursday.

A couple of SR's... an "M" and *cough, cough*, the Rangoon is mine :mrgreen:

That's it for this string... I post another with the competing and display SENIORS, and then I'll upload/post (takes awhile) some pics of the Style Birds that I took.

Cheers... Brian
Last edited by Brian Harris on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
`55 Ford F-100 Pick-up
`57 D-Bird Restomod
`62 Thunderbird Roadster
`68 Mercedes 280SL Pagoda
Brian Harris

Post by Brian Harris »

Here are the SENIORS...

George Ebel (sp?), with whom I had the honor of co-judging Operations, and his high-point 63.

Three Style Birds and serious contenders...

Looks like I might have missed uploading the one between the two white vehicles... sorry

And lastly for this string is a 1970 beasty, manly, musclely, etc., that I covet... Mark, you're gonna sell this to ME, right? :shock:

Tomorrow I'll try to add the remainder of pics (mostly Style Birds).

Cheers... Brian
Last edited by Brian Harris on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
`55 Ford F-100 Pick-up
`57 D-Bird Restomod
`62 Thunderbird Roadster
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

Wow - great pics!
Thanks, Brian -
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

I may download yours instead of using my own for the next Scoop!!! Great photos Brian!!!
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
Brian Harris

Post by Brian Harris »

Cool... since somebody's actually lookin at them, I'll post some more.

Here are two mid-60's that were on display... very nice!

Here are the Stylebirds I caugh on camera...

Cheers... Brian
Last edited by Brian Harris on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
`55 Ford F-100 Pick-up
`57 D-Bird Restomod
`62 Thunderbird Roadster
Brian Harris

Post by Brian Harris »

I wanted to give this one its own post. The convention couldnt have started worse for Jerry and Dusty... as there trailered into Ohio they came upon a road crew painting stripes on the highway... theirs was an open trailer, and well, you can almost imagine where this story goes.

They were troopers, as is the ilk of many car enthusiasts. They got to town, found a power washer, applied some loving care and sweat equity, and by sundown she was back to black.

So as not to under report the potential heartbreak, the whole side of the car, it's windshield was covered and in some areas CAKED with the white reflective ashphalt paint, along with the trailer and their show quality tow vehicle.

They were great peeps to be around, and they have my admiration... here are Dusty and Jerry and their beautiful Stylebird.

Cheers... Brian
Last edited by Brian Harris on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
`55 Ford F-100 Pick-up
`57 D-Bird Restomod
`62 Thunderbird Roadster
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

You did get around this weekend!! You have lots of stories... some that I didn't even know about!!! I have known Terry & Dusty more years than I want to say but they are troopers when it comes to the VTCI Thunderbirds!
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
Brian Harris

Post by Brian Harris »

Opps!!!! I mis-remembered his name as Jerry instead of Terry. :oops:

I have lots of stories (no dirt though) to fill a Scoop... and no, I'm not voluteering for your old job. :lol:

Terri, you need to change your sig... it's missing a title, and the vote was both official and final. ;-)

Cheers... Brian
`55 Ford F-100 Pick-up
`57 D-Bird Restomod
`62 Thunderbird Roadster
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

Hi Brian,
thanks for uploading all these photos! The members that did not go will get to see the cars!

AND sig is changed...
john6t6

Post by john6t6 »

Thank you Brian for posting all of these pix they look great. As Terri said it's nice to see them for those of us that couldn't attend.
1966 Hardtop Sauterne Gold
VTCI #4065
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

if you have anymore please post them. the ones here already are great
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!