66 reclining seat parts

This area is for posting Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts wanted. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
vacreeper

66 reclining seat parts

Post by vacreeper »

Well, the Roton cylinder for my reclining seat no longer works. Plus while pulling on the cable it broke as well. So I need them both. Long shot I know but does anyone have an extra? Thanks for looking and any leads. Steve
Dansbirds

Re: 66 reclining seat parts

Post by Dansbirds »

Did your cable break or the attachment at the cylinder? I’ve had a few break and have fixed them. The attachment at the cylinder breaks and then the cable no longer pulls the release.
Have had over 40 t birds here from 57-2004
Currently have a 65,70,and 80 Silver Anniversary
vacreeper

Post by vacreeper »

The cable break was about 3 inches back from the handle. So I need a new stranded cable. I can attach new ends if I can find a source for the cable.
Dansbirds

Post by Dansbirds »

Wow, I’ve never had a cable break. If my 65 sells here shortly I have a extra reclining seat I was going to add to it that I can harvest the cable from. Wonder if you could adapt a bike brake cable to function since it’s a sleeved cable also. I had one before I fixed it that if you punched the gas would lay the passenger flat, it was quite entertaining to take people for rides.
Have had over 40 t birds here from 57-2004
Currently have a 65,70,and 80 Silver Anniversary