Valve Cover Bolts

This area is for posting Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts wanted. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
Ian M Greer

Valve Cover Bolts

Post by Ian M Greer »

Wanted, minimum of 2 to a complete set of 10 valve cover bolts with an R in the middle of a circle . ( Remember Not All Birds Fly South )Ian M Greer
1963 M Landau Caspian Blue (Remember Not All Birds Fly South)
Member #-12090

RAVEN

Re: Valve Cover Bolts

Post by RAVEN »

Morning Ian, hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
I read your post, and am looking to see what I have, even rusty ones, which can be blasted and replated. Hoping others may find also. Will keep you posted.

Wally
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible

Alan H. Tast

Re: Valve Cover Bolts

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Ian:

If memory serves me correctly, aren't you redoing a "M"-series car? If so, it used a different bolt/screw than the "Z"-code cars in that it had a smooth face on the head (the "M"s used a chrome-plated bolt/screw). The bolt/screw you're describing would be correct for a painted valve cover. Jim Wulf had a very good article on this IIRC (need to check my list of articles) in the Scoop in the early-mid 2010s and details about them on his web page. I thought there was also a thread here in the Forum about them, so I used the "Search" function to see what turns up.

https://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net/ ... s+M-series

Jim Wulf's online book on the 63 M-series Roadster restoration he did should show them, too
https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/view/ ... book-pdf-2
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster