2002-2005 Front Electronics Control Module Rebuilder Recommendations

This area is for posting questions/information concerning the newest generation year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: VicRattlehead

Alan H. Tast

2002-2005 Front Electronics Control Module Rebuilder Recommendations

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Does anyone have any first-hand experiences or recommendations for a rebuilder of the various electronics control modules used in the '02-'05s?

Sent: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 23:11:14 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Tech Help Request

Alan,
I'm a long-time member of VTCI and have been trying to contact the tech guy for the '02-'05 Birds, Steve Muehlbauer. I've had no luck in reaching him. My phone attempts will not go through and I've also got no response from my email after several days. I thought maybe you could help or recommend someone else. (Note: Steve's current email address as of October 2019 is smuehlbauer@msn.net. Telephone # is 303-659-0125.)

Here's the note I sent Steve:
"I've got a problem with the Front Electronics Module (the one behind the driver's side kick panel) on my '02 T-bird. I've lost my instrument lights and shifter position indicator light. I know that there are a number of businesses that offer a repair/rebuild service for these modules and I also know that some of them have some bad reviews on the internet. I thought that you might have a recommendation for one that has a good reputation with regard to their services. Your help is very much appreciated."

Thanks,
Larry D. Turner (member no. 6784)
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster