Window trouble 94 T-bird lx

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
jleaman56

Window trouble 94 T-bird lx

Post by jleaman56 »

Good morning I am new to this club. I have a 94 T-bird LX which I've been having trouble with my windows not going up. After three or four days I try the switches and the windows go up with no problem. This has happened more than once. I checked voltage at both switches when they were not working and read 12 volts. I'm guessing it might be a relay. I have not been able to find the window relay. I would appreciate anyone's help and knowledge about the location of this relay and /or solution to the problem. Thanks Much.
mcm51

Re: Window trouble 94 T-bird lx

Post by mcm51 »

I'm not an expert on windows and may be dead wrong, but sounds like the regulator, but from what I understand, the motor and regulator are incorporated as one on these mn-12's, you may be looking at a motor swap......my driver's window comes and goes, I've got a brand new motorcraft switch to try in it first, otherwise, panel off and I'm going in to swap motor out..........don't know if my info helped ya any but I figured it could'nt hurt...........
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
'86 Mustang SVO 2.3 Turbocharged
'84 Mustang GT-350 5.0 H.O.
VTCI #12973
U.S. Army 194th Armor Ft. Knox, Ky. 1977