Just joined the forum

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Firstandtenth

Just joined the forum

Post by Firstandtenth »

I recently joined the forums and hope to find others who can help me keep my two birds running far into the future. I have a 90 SC that I purchased new off the showroom floor in March 1990 that has been garage kept since day 10. My other bird is a 57 e-code that I purchased from the original owner this year.

I've had the usual issues in the past with the SC (cam sensor, crank sensor, etc.), but more recently electrical issues have surfaced. The outside mirrors quit working last year. I imagine there is a fuse somewhere other than under the hood that I can check, but I don't have the Ford manual (looking for one) to figure this out. I don't have power at the switch in the door and I found a used switch, but don't want to buy it until I check the fuse. The other problem is the rear motor on the drivers seat (raise and lower) that has given up - I'm trying to find one, but don't want to buy the whole set of seats to get one motor. Local Ford dealership isn't much help.

I would also like to get the original AM/FM/Cassette radio working - I have an aftermarket one now (hate it) and want to get the original back in. Any suggestions on getting it repaired. There doesn't seem to be anyone in Virginia that repairs old radios any more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. FirstandTenth (generation birds)
1957 Raven Black E-code, manual (second owner)
1990 Super Coupe, auto. (original owner)
RAVEN

Re: Just joined the forum

Post by RAVEN »

Welcome to the Forum.
Nice to see a newer vintage car come into the group, though the challenge of answers may take some time, due to the smaller numbers.
Glad to have you aboard.
I will gladly search for a manual set for you, in my area, but since the car shows and swap meets have ended for this year (Canada), it may take some time.

Wally K
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
Firstandtenth

Post by Firstandtenth »

Thanks. I may have found a manual (free?) from my brother-in-law. He worked for Ford for years and kept a bunch of manuals when he retired - may have one for the SC. It is interesting that it is so much of a challenge to find parts, etc. for the 90 SC, but not so much with the 57.
Firstandtenth

Post by Firstandtenth »

Got the manual today and it's in great shape. My guess is his shop didn't work on that many 1990 T-birds. :smile: