91 T Bird Sport

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
maumau

91 T Bird Sport

Post by maumau »

I have a 91 T Bird Sport that I bought in Utah several years ago. The salesman said that it was a "limited edition" of some kind, that they made many fewer of this Bird than they usually do.

Does anyone have any info about the rarity of the 91 T Bird Sport?

smaumau
Lake County CA
Alan H. Tast

'91 Sport

Post by Alan H. Tast »

The 'Sport' package included the 5.0L V8 and EFI as its major upgrade from the base 3.8L V6 and its supercharged brother. External spotting feature was on the taillight lens, which had "Sport" in script beside the word "Thunderbird". There were some other upgrades to suspension but I don't recall what they were. The 5.0L marked a return to V8s after two years of just V6s due to popular demand. The 'Sport' only was offered for two years, '91 and '92.

Go to VTCI's Homepage and look for the link to production figures. There should be a listing of how many V8-equipped '91s were built as well as the standard V6 and SuperCoupe supercharged V6 models.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
Blown306

Post by Blown306 »

Sport models have upgraded/thicker swaybars and stiffer rate springs. '91 Sports are relatively rare, as not all V8 cars were Sport models...
- Jeff
President, Chicagoland Thunderbirds

'93 Kenne Bell LX "Putting the THUNDER back in the BIRD"
'02 Excursion Diesel - 2x the torque, hp, weight and economy
'03 V-Rod - No more mod money
'03 Goldwing - My other bike IS a Harley