FIXED HELP!!! 86 Tbird elec problem some things work

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1980-89 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Doug_I

FIXED HELP!!! 86 Tbird elec problem some things work

Post by Doug_I »

just thought you might like to know
FIXED!!!!
thanks for your post (AT http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com) it made me look a second time at the fusible links that just kept testing good. Well the genious that designed this particular piece of the wire harness decided it would not only be special to run the harness under the battery, but to include a connector there as well. When I gave it a tug three wires just fell out of the connector. Cut, Solder, and heat shrink tubing.

Hello everyone
I am in a state of emergency. Have to get this fixed before saturday or take it off the road.
I bought this car in 1995 with 52,000 miles on it, and just turned 150K it has the 5.0 engine with AOD
Long story short it sat in the driveway for a few months, but started every two weeks or so. Some things work some don't. Re-seated all the fuses in the fuse block which made it possible to start with the key,,,, Re-seated the headlight switch with no change......still have some "minor" glitches..Hoping it's a loose connection somewhere

Question is where to start,,, heading under the car to clean starter and ground...

Thinking maybe a relay, but wouldn't know where to start.
Just finished checking fusible links ...checked out ok , and tested the fuses with a test light the ones that didn't work mentioned before have no power at the fuse block. The chilton wiring diagram isn't very helpful. they seem to have left out quite a lot. the lighting circuits aren't on the diagram at all.

DOES WORK...
Fuse 1,2,5,10,14,18

Directionals front and back
Brake lights with cyclops
hazard lights
power windows
Wipers
horn

DOESNT WORK
Fuse 4,6,8,12,13,15,17

Clock
power door locks