Available parts for 77-79 T-Birds

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1970-79 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
BirdShepherd

Available parts for 77-79 T-Birds

Post by BirdShepherd »

Picked up a 1979 Bird ready for the crusher; still has a few parts fit for use and/or refreshment for your Bird; let me know what parts you need for your own Bird. Won't last long. Thanks
Joe Karasinski

Post by Joe Karasinski »

Cool! You can never have enough parts :)

What options does it have? because I'm looking for a couple of really hard to find parts. But one thing I need for sure is the left front bumper bracket and isolator.
BirdShepherd

parts 77-79 Bird

Post by BirdShepherd »

OK, I'll pull both pieces off tomorrow--they should be in good condition, though I haven't examined them up close. Anything else?
Joe Karasinski

Post by Joe Karasinski »

Thank you! I live near Detroit MI how much do want for it with shipping unless you're close enough I could pick it up.

My wish list of parts:

1 trim ring for polycast wheel. "drivers quality"
headlight switch for illuminated entry
floor shifter delete plate for a center console
factroy wiring harness for sport gauges.
And if I could find one real cheap a left front fender with out the cornering lamp.
BirdShepherd

parts 77-79 Bird

Post by BirdShepherd »

I pulled the parts today off the Bird. Great Condition. But I want to make sure we are talking about the same parts. So I will send you my e-mail address via a PM so you can send me a pic or two.

I have 2 left front fenders; one damaged without cornering light; another with some damage without cornering light.

I live in FL.
tbirdnut

1978 thunderbird

Post by tbirdnut »

Hi
I was wondering if you have a rear view mirror for thst 79 bird, my glass is broken.
Thanks a lot
Roy
BirdShepherd

glass for rear view mirror

Post by BirdShepherd »

Hi roy:

Probably the easiest route for you to get a nice look for your mirror is to keep the outer shell and take it to a glass and mirror shop. They can replace the glass and make it look like new again. Cheaper than buying another unit with shipping costs. best wishes, tim
Cole2002

Landau

Post by Cole2002 »

Been on a 2 year search for a 77-79 town landau brushed aluminum wrap over tiara ,any one seen any on a parting out bird? Searched many sites pic a part ,pull a part,row 52. Found one on ebay was pick up only(2000 miles away)
BirdShepherd

tiara for towne landau

Post by BirdShepherd »

Hi:

You are indeed looking for a rare piece for the 77-79 Birds. Two years and nothing yet! WOW! That could get frustrating or disheartening. If I do find one, I will post it here on this forum for all to see. In the meanwhile, best wishes on your search! Regards, tim cole
Joe Karasinski

Post by Joe Karasinski »

I've got 2 off these and 1 set of the trim that goes around it. where about are you located? I wouldn't have a clue how much shipping cost or if I could even package it up well enough that it wouldn't get destroyed.
Joe Karasinski

Post by Joe Karasinski »

Hey Tim, I forgot to say Thank you! I got the parts and that's exactly what I needed. But I'm wondering if I you might still have the nuts that slide into the from that the bracket was bolted to.
torino78

Needed Parts for 78 T-Bird (base model)

Post by torino78 »

Need a dome light assembly and hood ornament with attaching hardware for a 1978 T-bird (base model).
BirdShepherd

hood ornament

Post by BirdShepherd »

I do have the hood ornament for 77-79 Bird with hardware; probably have the dome light assembly as well, but will have to check to make sure. Give me a day or two and I'll get back with you. Thanks, tim
BirdShepherd

hood ornament

Post by BirdShepherd »

Checked my parts 77-79 T-Bird inventory: no dome light assembly; sorry. but I do have various hood ornaments: some with pitted metal; one really nice one, some that are average condition. PM me if you are interested. Thanks, tim
1979Hertitage

Re: Available parts for 77-79 T-Birds

Post by 1979Hertitage »

Do you happen to have a hood ornament for a 1979 ? The one we have is 3/4 broke off