need info on this 97 bird

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
katanajt

need info on this 97 bird

Post by katanajt »

i bought thus 97 t bird from an old man in his 70s and he was suposed to be the original owner. i drive it daily and took a ride with a friend recently and we were goofing off. this car blew away a 5.0 mustang gt, a newer mitsubishi evo, and the fuel pedal wasnt even all the way to the floor. we looked at the motor it is original and there are numbers on the core suport. i took it to a shop to see if it had been wrecked and they looked it over and no previous damage at all. original paint and pannels. but the number is a 510 or S10 or S1U, maybe the 1 is an L. this car will out run even mustang gts from late 90's. called ford once and was told the car was an experimental car in lorain ohio but next time i called it is only a t bird lx. what is this car? it really runs well and has more than the 205 horse power it was suposed to have from the factory. has sport package, luxery package, popular group cant remember the number. has all options but the limited edition package, also there is no v8 badge on the car.
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

post some pics please.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
fast Ed

Post by fast Ed »

Need some pics for sure, maybe the VIN ... once you have that, we might be able to tell you more!

cheers
Ed
88 Turbo Coupe manual
07 Mustang GT hardtop
previous Birds:
66 Town Hardtop
95 Super Coupe manual
katanajt

Post by katanajt »

have some pics need to find them and i have the vin. 1FALP62W7VH148299. I KNOW IT WAS BUILT IN APRIL in 97 and the car has 4 wheel disks plus over sized fronts. only 16 inch wheels fit. trying to add pics[/url]
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

Well. Sport option has larger 11.57" rotors then standard 10.8" so the 15" rims don't fit have to have the 16" rims.

96-97 didn't have a V8 logo

Let's see some engine pics.
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
katanajt

Post by katanajt »

the car has more than 205 horsepower and i never did anything to the car and the old man didnt either. still do not know what the number is on the header panel or suport. wanted to know if the car was special before i had it customized but already had the trunk redone for a new look, getting ready to change taillights and then add some stuff to the rest, car must just be a normal ford t bird p.o.s. then. spending 10k to customize it then.
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Wanted to know if the car was special
People here are always willing to help, but with the sketchy info you've provided and no pics, how can anyone tell if the car's special or not?
car must just be a normal ford t bird p.o.s. then
Just a hint Einstein, but talk like that on a T-Bird forum won't exactly win you a lot of friends. :evil:
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
sseebart

Post by sseebart »

Perhaps we are just being trolled. Two VIN decoders told me that the provided VIN didn't check out. This one says it's a standard 4.6L V-8:

http://www.vindecoder.net/?vin=+1FALP62 ... mit=Decode

~Steve
katanajt

Post by katanajt »

look at my facebook if u want pics, I CAN NOT POST THEM HERE FOR SOME REASON, I CAN SEND EMAIL. i have never had a car so hard to find out what it is, ford gave me two different answers. one said the car was a specialty used in lorain to see what they can do with it and not meant to be sold. another said its a standard v8 bird. you can say what you want but to me the bird wasnt the greatest car. i have only kept this one for the last 7 years because it was dependaple. my 91 always broke down and the door panels fell off and the interior fell apart. i like ford trucks better than the cars and i was a die hard chevy freak till i got this bird. i dont need people to tell me thats n o way to gain friends. you want the car you buy it then you try to get the info for it. i left the car in the shop 2 months last year told them to drive it because there was something wrong with it. the drove it on a trip and they said that it wasnt a stock bird. but nobody has any info on it. the car looks stock. factory rear spoiler, super coupe wheels wit cut out lugnut holes, leather, auto headlights, auto climate, 4 wheel disks, power moon roof, 4.6, and blue tint in black paint. was told it wasnt used in 97 but car has never been damaged or repainted till next month. the car has grey interior. looks like every other bird, except the hand painted purple and blue pinstrip. car is getting gt500 red stripes on black lava paint with wheel flares custom scoop in hood and chin lip spoiler, with all cobra badges. after done it will only be driven on good dys then taken to shows, sorry for the mistakes i have only one hand that works, left one doesnt work
katanajt

Post by katanajt »

thank you sseebart, i have too many problems with sites, nobody has info on the car, the number painted under the hood i will post in a while on my face book account, going to the shop to get pics of it and anything else i find, has all the plates and stickers.
tbird

Post by tbird »

Its a shame that you didn't get all the info you wanted with-in the 24hrs since
your first post but you still haven't given the guy's here much info to help you with.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
katanajt

Post by katanajt »

The bird pics are on my face book page at john w Tillis Jr and I still can email pics. Maybe I can post pics from the phone since I can't my laptop. I will try. Can't do it from phone either. [/img]
tbird

Post by tbird »

Motor on down the forum and read the tuitional on how to post pictures the forum does not host images but you can use a account on photobucket or a similar host and they will drop right into your message when opened.

I for one am not going to your facebook site to look at them.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

Can someone with facebook please take pics from katanajt facebook and move them here.
Dear Katanajt, there are plenty of good guys here ready and willing to help but you have to be able and willing to help us. Set up a photobucket account and it will make things alot easier.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
sseebart

Post by sseebart »

I found a facebook page under the name given above. There were three photos of a Thunderbird posted and publicly available on the photos page:

http://www.facebook.com/john.w.tillis.1 ... eam?ref=ts