VTCI International Convention

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

04TBSteve

VTCI International Convention

Post by 04TBSteve »

What a nice convention it was in Charleston this last weekend!!! Everyone was so nice and all the events were so well organized! People were there from England, Montana, Kansas, North Dakota, Georgia, Mississippi, Florida, Michigan, etc.. Kudos to everyone from the Georgia and Florida chapters who put on a terrific event-filled weekend. It was so great to see 50+ T-Birds from 1955-2005 there....and there was such a great representation of the retro 'Birds! I think there must have been about 15 retros there! And who could have asked for any better weather.....partly cloudy skies and temps in the low 80's. The Concours was flawless and the judges showed their ultimate passion for Thunderbirds. The beveled glass trophies were beautiful. GREAT JOB.....VTCI!!!!
Jim Wulf

Post by Jim Wulf »

AGREED!!! Great time, great weather and great people! I'm already looking forward to Houston next year. And congratulations to our own Redstangbob (Bob Craik) for winning the Larry Seyforth Best of Show "Driven" award. This is truly one of the most difficult to achieve awards because Bob started way behind the eight ball, having driven over 850 miles through copious amounts of rain and dirt that needed to be totally cleaned up by show day. Way to go, Bob! Bob also came to the rescue when a fellow club member needed a brake light repair on his '66 in order to drive home to Maryland safely.
Jim W, VTCI 1961-1963 Technical Editor
62 SR Red/Black
63 CV Black/Red
67 MGB Roadster
38 MG TA Tickford Drophead Coupe
39 Lea-Francis Corsica Super Sports
Past Birds:
63 MSR Red/Pearl Beige
66 CV Red/Red
63 CV P. Green/Pearl Beige
61 HT White/Pearl Beige
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

To be sure, it was a great time! Unfortunately redstangcheryl couldn't come with me (and she REALLY wanted to go), so I stayed pretty close to convention central and got to hang out with my pals. I did drive through 5 hours of rain to get there, it was right about 925 miles, but the Tbird ran beautifully and rain-x on the windshield meant never running the wipers. The ladies in the hospitality room were quite amused by me filling water containers in their sink so I could wash the bottom of my car :lol: :lol: I suspected I did pretty well during judging, but I was honestly taken off guard when they called my name for best of show! One thing Jim humbly forgot to mention was his best of show 'trailered' award. The 'M' code looked spectacular, and nudged Jim Mill's 65 convertible by 1/2 a point. I made some new friends in Charleston, several from Georgia and Florida, and Leo Gravelle and his wife Lucie from Canada. I'm looking forward to next year's conventions, and spending some great times with the nicest group of people you can imagine!
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Well-deserved congratulations to both of you gentlemen! :hello1:

I can't help but wonder though, where are the pictures? :mrgreen:
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

OK, but just a few :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tbird and Alan documenting an early car
my 65 on Thursday morning
Jim M & Jim W getting ready to come out of the trailers
your's truly getting brake lights on a sharp 66 convertible
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

Bob, youre killing me here - need more pictures :lol:
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
Jim Wulf

Post by Jim Wulf »

Bob, youre killing me here - need more pictures :lol:
OK, Kevin. Here's a few:

Tour of the Yorktown

Inside the Yorktown - That's VTCI member Leo Valerio.

About to board the Yorktown.

Looking south on the showfield.

Looking north on the showfield.

My '63 MSR with Jim Mill's '65 CV behind it..

Paul Prokop admiring Bill Clark's '63 MSR. Yep, TWO '63 MSR's at the show!

If anyone has more pictures of my Roadster, I would appreciate receiving them. Thanks.
62 SR Red/Black
63 CV Black/Red
67 MGB Roadster
Past Birds:
63 MSR Red/Pearl Beige
66 CV Red/Red
61 HT White/Pearl Beige
john6t6

Post by john6t6 »

Wow a lot of nice birds looked like a great event indeed, thanks for sharing the pictures.
1966 Hardtop Sauterne Gold
VTCI #4065
dales65

Post by dales65 »

Wow, looks like a great time for all, congrats. to the winners but were there any real losers? Every car looks great! Thanks for the pictures.

Dale
65 convertible with tonneau
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Cars & Winners

Post by Terri McNeill »

Hi all,
you can find photos of all the winners and some of the cars at the Vintage Thunderbird Club International facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-T ... 1514706342
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

BOS winners/300 point winner

Post by Terri McNeill »

BOS winners and 300 point winner... Jim Wulf & Bob Craik, I need great photos of your cars for the next Scoop covers! Please e-mail them to me!
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

Thanks Jim, I love the shots of the Yorktown, taking a tour of an aircraft carrier is on my bucket list. The showfield also looks to be right up my alley with so many flairbirds. How many of the other 63 MSR have you run across with your car nearby and do you try to get side by side pics with them.
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
Jim Wulf

Post by Jim Wulf »

Thanks Jim, I love the shots of the Yorktown, taking a tour of an aircraft carrier is on my bucket list. The showfield also looks to be right up my alley with so many flairbirds. How many of the other 63 MSR have you run across with your car nearby and do you try to get side by side pics with them.
I'm going to be working on Bill Clark's '63 MSR this Fall in the TBird Garage, addressing all the areas where points were lost at the Charleston International. I'll be working on the engine and trunk compartments, as well as doing undercarriage detailing and a re-chrome of the quarter window frames.

Hopefully, by the time I'm finished it will be a twin to my MSR, except for the interior color (mine is Pearl Beige, Bill's is Black). I'll be taking pictures of the two cars side-by-side and I'll post them here and on my web page. Should be quite a sight!
62 SR Red/Black
63 CV Black/Red
67 MGB Roadster
Past Birds:
63 MSR Red/Pearl Beige
66 CV Red/Red
61 HT White/Pearl Beige