Pony Carbs - OUT OF BUSINESS

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

Beach Bum
Location: North Floridia Gulf Coast on the beach south of Tallahassee

Pony Carbs - OUT OF BUSINESS

Post by Beach Bum »

This is bad. It does appear the Pony Carburetors has gone out of business. When you call either of the toll-free numbers on the home page of www.ponycarburetors.com there is a delay, a click and then you hear an audio commercial that has nothing to do with Pony or carburetors. I suspect your call may actually be re-routed to one of those charge-per-call services, but don't know that for sure. Still, I would not call the toll-free numbers.

When you dial direct their non-toll-free number of (575) 526-4949, you simply get a standard message that "this number is no longer in service"

This is a sad, even tragic development for vintage Ford auto restoration. The rumor is that the owner of Pony Carbs, Jon Enyeart, has died unexpectedly and apparently some spamming operation has now got control of the website. Hopefully some of Pony's employees can get together and carry on with the wonderful Ford carburetor restoration that was the hallmark of this company, but I've heard no news about that.
-
<b> -- J.R.</b>

current cars:
1963 Thunderbird HT being converted to 5-speed man
1968 Mustang GT 3-spd man
1968 Mustang GT auto
1967 Mustang auto
1981 El Camino 3-spd man
1986 Camaro IROC Z T-top auto
1998 Camaro T-top 5-spd man
john6t6

Post by john6t6 »

Alan covered this a few months ago.
http://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net/p ... light=pony
1966 Hardtop Sauterne Gold
VTCI #4065
Beach Bum
Location: North Floridia Gulf Coast on the beach south of Tallahassee

Post by Beach Bum »

Yes, but at that point the Pony website was still functional -- now the home page appears to be a front to get people to call a supposedly toll-free number and get hit with an audio commercial having nothing to do with Pony or carburetors. I felt that was worth a formal notice / warning.
-
<b> -- J.R.</b>

current cars:
1963 Thunderbird HT being converted to 5-speed man
1968 Mustang GT 3-spd man
1968 Mustang GT auto
1967 Mustang auto
1981 El Camino 3-spd man
1986 Camaro IROC Z T-top auto
1998 Camaro T-top 5-spd man
john6t6

Post by john6t6 »

Ahh I see, fair enough, Thanks
1966 Hardtop Sauterne Gold
VTCI #4065
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

My guess is that the website was still accessible for a while because it was unfortunately left running but unmanned due to his untimely death, and was then taken over by the spammer afterward.
Too bad on all counts...
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333