She's Done

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

DaveG

She's Done

Post by DaveG »

Just thought I'd post a couple of pics of my Girl, Finished her about an hour ago after spending just on 2 months stripping, repairing, painting, re-trimming and reassembling in my garage, and Tomorrow morning i'm heading off to the Australian National Concourse 2011 in the river port of Echuca (Great Place).

I'll get some pics of the Aussie birds that are there and post them up next week. Anyway for now here's a couple of my Finished pride and joy. Dave

Image[/img]
Dave
64 Hardtop Burgundy / White Vinyl Roof / Pearl White Interior 17" 5 spoke wheels/ 2" Whitewalls - Melbourne Australia
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Stunning car Dave - the contrast between the white roof/whitewall tires and the burgundy metallic is very striking. :cool:
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
john6t6

Post by john6t6 »

Dave, that looks great!
1966 Hardtop Sauterne Gold
VTCI #4065
Ozzy351

Post by Ozzy351 »

Very, very nice Dave, an exceptional job. I hope all goes well in Echuca for you.

Ozzy. :smile:
"The sour memory of a dud purchase is remembered long after the sweet taste of a cheap deal has disappeared"
1961 T-bird H/T Silver-Gray Metallic/Raven Black roof.
1971 Ford Falcon 351 XYGT-Nugget Gold.
VTCI #11702
Adelaide, South Australia.
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

:shock:
Wow! Quite a combination. VERY eye-catching! Congrats on getting her finished!
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
scumdog

Post by scumdog »

Wow!
Cracker car Dave - and that interior is stunning! :cool:
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic
dales65

Post by dales65 »

Excellent job Dave, looks fantastic. It's a good thing you don't live close, my wife was willing to trade our 65 convert straight across based on your two pictures!

Keep up the good work and good luck at the gathering.

Dale
65 convertible with tonneau
Randy Mattson

done

Post by Randy Mattson »

dales65 wrote: my wife was willing to trade our 65 convert straight across based on your two pictures!

Keep up the good work and good luck at the gathering.

Dale
Looks fantastic. I think my wife would be glad if I just parted with my 65s.
Randy Mattson
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Thanks for the kind words guys, Unfortunately the car didn't get to Echuca, the auto trans started playing up so just couldn't chance a 4 hour drive. so i took the daily driver (Ford of course) and the weekend was fantastic, some really beautiful Thunderbirds, great people from all over Australia and a great setting.
I'll get some photos of the cars up when i get a chance.

Anyway thanks again for the kind words re my car and with summer just around the corner here in Aus we should have plenty of good cruising weather to look forward to.

Dave
Dave
64 Hardtop Burgundy / White Vinyl Roof / Pearl White Interior 17" 5 spoke wheels/ 2" Whitewalls - Melbourne Australia
Beach Bum
Location: North Floridia Gulf Coast on the beach south of Tallahassee

Post by Beach Bum »

Absolutely fantastic job! The '63 Thunderbird design and the '64 have always been neck and neck for the title of My Most Favorite Thunderbird Styling of All Time -- and I've always loved that burgundy color on any car. The white and wood grain interior is to die for... although there's no way I personally could own a car with a white interior. I'm far too casual about keeping my hands spotlessly clean. I'd be afraid to slip behind the wheel of that interior for even a moment.
-
<b> -- J.R.</b>

current cars:
1963 Thunderbird HT being converted to 5-speed man
1968 Mustang GT 3-spd man
1968 Mustang GT auto
1967 Mustang auto
1981 El Camino 3-spd man
1986 Camaro IROC Z T-top auto
1998 Camaro T-top 5-spd man
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Beach Bum wrote:Absolutely fantastic job! The '63 Thunderbird design and the '64 have always been neck and neck for the title of My Most Favorite Thunderbird Styling of All Time -- and I've always loved that burgundy color on any car. The white and wood grain interior is to die for... although there's no way I personally could own a car with a white interior. I'm far too casual about keeping my hands spotlessly clean. I'd be afraid to slip behind the wheel of that interior for even a moment.

Hi Beach Bum
Yeah I'm also like you, the white does scare me a bit, i'm just gonna have to be real carefull. She's not a daily driver so that's a plus.
Dave
Beach Bum
Location: North Floridia Gulf Coast on the beach south of Tallahassee

Post by Beach Bum »

Oh... I forgot to mention how much I like the killer wheels: Chrome rims with Baby Moons and bit fat white walls! Ooooh... iIt doesn't get any better than that for sheer nostalgic bliss. What size/brand are those wheels and where did you get the Baby Moon caps to fit them? They are exactly what I want for my '63 (once I get an engine and trans in it).
-
<b> -- J.R.</b>

current cars:
1963 Thunderbird HT being converted to 5-speed man
1968 Mustang GT 3-spd man
1968 Mustang GT auto
1967 Mustang auto
1981 El Camino 3-spd man
1986 Camaro IROC Z T-top auto
1998 Camaro T-top 5-spd man
DaveG

Post by DaveG »

Hi Beach Bum
The wheels are Wheel Vintex 15 x 7 with 3" backspace chrome Smoothies, I got them from Rocket Industries here in Australia $130 each with Baby Moon Caps I'm sure they are made in the USA so you shouldn't have any probs getting them. The tyres are Coker again US brand they are 215/75/15 Gotta be carefull I think 225 tyres would fit under on these rims but I tried 8" rims and they wouldn't fit under the side skirts.

Cheers mate Good luck with your project.
Dave
gordslegacy

Post by gordslegacy »

Thats one of the cleanest Thunderbirds I've seen! Looking at running that same wheel setup on my 66. One question though...you said the rims are Wheel Vintiques 15x7 with a 3" backspace? When I checked their website, they don't seem to have a 15x7 with anything other than a 4" backspace. Were yours custom?
fast Ed

Post by fast Ed »

Stunning car, that colour combo is awesome.

cheers
Ed N.