Labor of love

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Wklink

Dusty

Labor of love

Post by Dusty »

Hi all. Its been a while sense my last update on my tbird project. Most what I have been doing has been deconstruction. Rebuilt the front end , added the air-ride and disc brake conversion . The nightmare of tar on the floorboards , that the previous owner used to, I jokingly refer to, as a repair of cancer. Hope you enjoy the pics.
Image[/img]
jidi

Post by jidi »

That front suspension is lookin' good!
I keep saving up to do mine, every time, something else comes up and cleans out my car fund.
Keep us posted, and thanks for the pix!!

Jim
Dusty

Thanks for the kudos

Post by Dusty »

Thanks for the kudos jidi. I will post more pix and don't give up that happens to me all the time too.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Here are some pics of the re-dye on some of the interior parts.
This is the system I plan to use for the bags. Its not cheap but you can buy it a piece at a time for a little less impact on the pocket.
jidi

Post by jidi »

NICE!!
A little fresh dye sure makes things look new again.
I've talked to a lot of guys that wished they would have bought a unit similar to yours-after buying a piece here and there, they all said in the long run it would have been cheaper to get the whole system together with all the fittings and been done.

Jim
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Yep SEM makes a great system for dyeing plastic and vinyl (PVC). Its better than duplicolor
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

And do I love to paint. I did an imitation carbon fiber with a paint in the engine compartment.
Image You can see a little of it behind the booster.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Well I got the air ride done in the front of my 63. Here is a video.[URL=./image-archive/s1124.photobucket.com/album ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

When the money gets low , what do you do? What else.....? BODY WORK! So I migged in the eye-brows on the hood.
scumdog

Post by scumdog »

Dusty wrote:And do I love to paint. I did an imitation carbon fiber with a paint in the engine compartment.
Image You can see a little of it behind the booster.
Those 'spacer-bars' between the booster and its mounting bracket look kinda rough'n'ready, I guess they're only there while you get things sorted?i
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Yep your right ..... Thats why I made them from aluminum so that I could cut and polish them later. Nice Catch !
novanutcase

Post by novanutcase »

Yep your right ..... Thats why I made them from aluminum so that I could cut and polish them later. Nice Catch !
Are you going to make an actual spacer or just polish the ones you have already?

John
Professional Pic Whore

edpol

Post by edpol »

What did you use to fill the brows, and what will you use for new molding, if you use molding?
Nova, that pic is too small to see the details. Hope I'm not encouraging. :lol:
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

edpol wrote:What did you use to fill the brows, and what will you use for new molding, if you use molding?
Nova, that pic is too small to see the details. Hope I'm not encouraging. :lol:
Well I didn't want to replace the molding and if I remember correctly, I made a temp-let from cardboard and cut some 18 gage. migged it in , ground back the welds and made some support for the back side.

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

novanutcase wrote:
Yep your right ..... Thats why I made them from aluminium so that I could cut and polish them later. Nice Catch !
Are you going to make an actual spacer or just polish the ones you have already?

John
I thought I would cut the ones I have to the right length and polish them. But I am open to suggestions.