Fender Liners

This area is for posting questions/information concerning the newest generation year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: VicRattlehead

Randy Mueller

Fender Liners

Post by Randy Mueller »

A month ago I bought an '02 TBird and have been 'detailing' it; I intend to just use it as a nice weather car. In both front wheel wells, the rear-half fender liner has fasteners at the back/bottom of the wheel well have pulled loose from the liner. The liners had been pushed back about 1" with the gap between the liner and the flange lip on the fender packed hard with dried dirt. I'm sure that more dirt is back in the rocker panel section too, which I would like to vac out.

I want to remove these rear liners but the top fasteners (which also penetrate the front liner section) just spin. With the wheel in place I can just feel above the liner and it seems that whatever the fastener is screwed into is spinning too. The head of the fasteners are round with an integral washer like item with a raised 'tunnel' piece. How do I remove these top fasteners, and do I need to remove the wheel to do this? With the bottom fasteners pulled loose I imagine that I may need to buy (2) new rear liners to get this area to seal tightly again.