Photo of Dash lower left 1962

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Wklink

wisconsinjimmy

Photo of Dash lower left 1962

Post by wisconsinjimmy »

What goes on either side of the ign switch? I am baffled.
ozbird

Switch

Post by ozbird »

You mean on the left, probably the red warning light for the parking brake and to the right is that the lever to open the fresh air vent?

Graeme
1962 Hardtop - in Melbourne, Australia
wisconsinjimmy

Post by wisconsinjimmy »

Got it figured out, now does the hood pull go in the same place as the right air only on the left? This car was in somewhat of a box when I got it with a trunk stuffed with parts and another Tbird (1963) cut into three pieces.
Jim
Cushing, WI
ozbird

Jim in Trouble

Post by ozbird »

Hi Jim,

yes, that is correct, the hood pull looks the same as the right air vent for aesthetics I guess?

With boxes of parts from 3 cars you should have spares to last for a lifetime!

cheers Graeme
1962 Hardtop - in Melbourne, Australia
wisconsinjimmy

Post by wisconsinjimmy »

Hi Graeme,
You would think so but the 63 was first cut in two from across the top of the windshield and just behind the A pillar the back half was split down the middle, reason being the blaster made toast out of it and then it was drug off into the back lot and left. I did not get the doors and the trunk and hood went to being a rock sled and I have no idea what happened to the dash but I did get the steering column assembly as well as most of the chrome. The car I am working on is a 62 but the vin plate has been switched to a 63 (junk car). Hope to have the 62 or 63 on the road by this Sunday.
Jim