What do you think...

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

VicRattlehead

What do you think...

Post by VicRattlehead »

The wheels are 18x9" Bullitt style rims tires are Nitto 555 Extream on the front are 245x45 and on the rear they are 275x40. ive lowered the rear end with H&R Sport Springs. working on the fronts, need some more parts to finish thoes.

These rims are mustang rims with the 5 lug with 4.5" bolt circle, the stock tbird bolt pattern is 5lug by 4.25? bolt circle. I had to swap out the front spindles with ones from a Mustang GT and also had to put on mustang rotors. on the back i had to take the Mustang Cobra IRS parts and put them on the bird, the rear rotors had to be drillled to the 5x4.5 pattern to be put on the car.

I did this at a friends house because he had the impact gun, the swap took about 5 hrs to do, that included a trip to the hardware store for a socket, who knew we needed a 21mm impact socket, had to make a trip to my house to pick up the springs, I wasnt going to do them until we got in the middle and found if i removed 2 more nuts i could swap the springs.
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
Sun-Bird

Post by Sun-Bird »

They look nice.. You've inspired me in getting a set for myself. What do you think? I did this in Photoshop.

Travlin

Re: What do you think...

Post by Travlin »

VicRattlehead wrote:The wheels are 18x9" Bullitt style rims tires are Nitto 555 Extream on the front are 245x45 and on the rear they are 275x40. ive lowered the rear end with H&R Sport Springs. working on the fronts, need some more parts to finish thoes.
Sweet!
Travlin

Post by Travlin »

Sun-Bird wrote:They look nice.. You've inspired me in getting a set for myself. What do you think? I did this in Photoshop.
I like those ones better the the other ones you did.