Stock Intake Carb and Distributor Value

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

BJRVentport2

Stock Intake Carb and Distributor Value

Post by BJRVentport2 »

Since my stock 56 T-Bird intake, carb, and distributor has been replaced with 57 stuff, I have all the original stuff in the shop. Any idea to what it is worth? Stock 1956 T-Bird intake manifold, carb, and tac drive distributor which has been converted with a Pertronics points replacement. Opinions of value, or offers.
paul2748

Re: Stock Intake Carb and Distributor Value

Post by paul2748 »

A number of years ago, I swapped my stock 56 distributor for a 57. Kind of hard to sell the 56 distributor but a person that had a 56 and his distributor went bad finally found my ad and bought it. I was advertised at 200.00 at the time which he paid.

Typically, 56 intakes don't go for much money and shipping on them costs a bundle today. No idea of value but not much call for them as a lot of people want the 57 and up intake.

The carb is something else. If you have the correct Tbird carb in good shape maybe 200.00 if you can find someone looking for one for a concours car... Bear in mind that most carbs on a 56 car or bird has probably been changed out. Cars and Tbirds did not use the same carb (although it looks like it) as the numbers were different. My 56 orginally came with a sedan carb (ran ok) but I was lucky to find an original numbers matching unit which wasn't too expensive as it was just sitting gathering dust and the owner had no use for it. Original 56 Bird carbs started with a ECJ prefix while the sedan were different (can't remember)

These are just guesses on my part and I have not looked that closely at prices that much lately
1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302