Accuform Dash Covering For 63

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Pcabot3

Accuform Dash Covering For 63

Post by Pcabot3 »

Has anyone tried the abs plastic dash covering from Accuform design to fit for '62.5-'63?
Attachments
Screenshot_20240309-111220_kindlephoto-731653180.png
Current-1963 Sport Roadster, Past-1965 Hardtop
bigbrownpilot

Re: Accuform Dash Covering For 63

Post by bigbrownpilot »

I'm not sure it was the same brand, but I installed one in my '62 when we had it. You''ll need to even out any high spots in your cracked dash pad and do some trimming using trial-and error to get it to fit snugly. I used a spray upholstery paint prep, then painted the dash cap to match my blue interior. Used the supplied adhesive and some clear adhesive E-3000 to secure it and jammed something between the windshield and front edge of the dash cap until it dried overnight. The speaker cover, radio bezel, and trim help hold it down in the back of the cap. After it set up, I painted it again to touch up and get an even coat. I was very happy with the outcome, especially for the cost. If the dash pad in my current '63 gets worse, I'll probably install one in that car. There's nothing difficult about the installation and if you take your time and are patient, I think you'll be happy with the results.