Rear Seat Frame Advice

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

travellew

Rear Seat Frame Advice

Post by travellew »

Ok.. I have been moving along on my car and finally removed the back seat. Sigh... The frame is in BAD shape. Frame is completely rusted through in many places. The springs are rusted, but nothing broke. Material looks salvageable with some reinforcement around the hog ring areas...

So the frame.. What to do? Any suggestions?

Sure, I could take everything apart and weld, design, rebuild, replicate. Not impossible, but a very big job with the tools I have. What other options do I have. I can't seem to find any reproductions.
Rusty57

Re: Rear Seat Frame Advice

Post by Rusty57 »

The first thing I would do is post a parts wanted ad in the classified section of this forum. Then I would start calling or emailing the shops that do restorations on 64-66 TBirds. Many of them have an inventory of used parts and know where to look for parts.
Rusty
VTCI 13079
travellew

Post by travellew »

Great suggestions and I will start down that path. However, as a Canadian its tough. Shipping is crazy from the US (for big stuff). However, that may be my only option and I just need to suck it up!

I had a good lookover the frame after my first post and its not terrible. Definitely something I could remake... just so much work that I'm hoping there is another option!
cacockrum

Post by cacockrum »

There are a number of Forum members in Canada, and maybe one has a spare seat??? Also, you might try CTC Auto Ranch in Denton, Texas if you decide to replace the frame.